Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tune In Tuesday [12]: THNKR

A weekly feature hosted by GReads that showcases music.
think·er (THNKR)
n.
1. One who devotes much time to thought or meditation.
2. One who thinks or reasons in a certain way: a careful thinker.

This week's feature is a really special one, to me. THNKR is an indie rock/alt band from Melbourne. So far, they've only released three songs, and they are amazing songs. 

And what makes THNKR mean a little more to me, is because I know the lead vocalist (kind of). I won't go into too much detail (because I could go on forevveeeerr) but basically, he kind of worked for my school for a few weeks and came on camp with us. We got to know him pretty well, and he's an all round amazing guy; passionate, smart, and really funny. The band name is actually so fitting for him, because you just know he's a guy who likes to ponder the wonders of life haha. So yes, we were all so devastated when he left... but thank god he left us THNKR.

I'm not doing this just because I know the lead singer, but their music is actually so great, and ughhh I wish I was 18 so I could go see them perform live! As a band, they produce an amazing sound and goddamn, they should be on the charts♥
So Cold - on SoundCloud
This one's my favourite(: He just has such a unique voice and ahhh♥ I just absolutely adore the guitar riffs as well.
The Thief - on SoundCloud
The Thief is so catchy! It's got such a beachy, tropical feel to it - I don't really know how to describe it, but I LOVE it! Makes me want to get up and dance.  
Stand Alone
 

For you Melbournians out there... GO SEE THEM LIVE!!  

Like them on Facebook. They announce where they play every week so be sure to see them! 

Subscribe on YouTube. Download their songs free here!

No comments:

Post a Comment