Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors {19}

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors
Racquel answers:
I take the matter of my favorite authors and auto buy authors seriously! I can't add debut authors because A) Too risky, I've loved an author's debut but hated their sophomore novel 2) I like to stick some sort of proportion. I've read FIFTEEN books by my favorite all time author and #1 autobuy so it's kind of weird to say an author that I've read only 2 or 3 books by are my favorite. I need to hit the 5 book mark with A or B rating to call an author a favorite. Yes, this is an exclusive list!

01. Lisa Kleypas: this is such a DUH. Lisa Kleypas has over 40 books out. I read 15 of them and I loved Every. Single. One. Whether is contemporary romance, historical romance, magical realism, Lisa Kleypas does no wrong in my book. She writes THE swooniest heroes (looking at you Hardy Cates! Derek Craven! Jack Travis! Sebastian St. Vincent!) and my favorite heroines (Zoë is my girl.)
Favorite books by author: Blue-Eyed Devil, Smooth Talking Stranger, Devil in Winter and the 12 other books I read by her of course :D

02. Sarah Dessen: I've read 6 books by Sarah Dessen and all of them were just fantastic. Her YA's are just so specialm beautiful and sweet.
Favorite books by author: Just Listen and The Truth About Forever

03. Julie James: Julie James has 5 books out and I read all of them. Multiple times. Every year, a highlight event is when I look forward to the release of her new book and this year it's Love Irresistibly due April 2nd. Julie James just writes badass career woman that everyone must love and she combines, sexy heroes, the best dialogue I've read with great writing and violá, my favorite contemporary romance author!
Favorite books by author:  and

04. Richelle Mead: I devoured the 6 Vampire Academy series books and I'm not even a big paranormal reader! It's really hard NOT to enjoy Mead's stories because they combine serious matters, humor and great writing. Besides The Vampire Academy series, I read the first Georgina Kincaid book and really enjoyed it too and now that three Bloodlines series books are out, I will definitely be devouring those. Hello, Adrian!
Favorite books by author: the entire Vampire Academy series.

Sharon's answers:
05. Jill Shalvis: Once I discovered her Lucky Harbor books, I was a goner. I. LOVE. HER. Shalvis writes with a wonderful combination of humor and heart. Best discovery of 2012.
Favorite books by author:  All the Lucky Harbor books (especially Head Over Heels), Slow Heat

06. Eloisa James: I have enjoyed every single James book I read, even the ones where I was unsure whether or not I would like. She has an incredibly unique ability to write realistic characters and emotionally gripping stories.
Favorite books by author:  This Duchess of Mine, When the Duke Returns, The Ugly Duchess

07. Tessa Dare: She has an uncanny ability to be side-splittingly hilarious in her books in a way that the humor feels totally and completely authentic to the time period, and I just love that. Plus, she can write some couples with incredibly crazy chemistry!
Favorite books by author:  Spindle Cove books, Surrender of a Siren

08. Julia Quinn: She is my other go-to humorous historical author, but I especially love her because her writing is diverse. You're not always going to get the hilarity of the Smythe-Smith quartet; you might get the heart-wrenching, angst-ridden, beautiful story of When He Was Wicked.
Favorite books by author:  The Bridgerton books (especially When He Was Wicked), What Happens in London

09. Julie Anne Long: Thanks to Racquel, I read What I Did for a Duke...and proceeded to fall head over heels for this author. I love her! Her Pennyroyal Green series is fantastic. And did I mention she wrote What I Did for a Duke? Because LOVE.
Favorite books by author:  What I Did for a Duke, I Kissed an Earl

10. Tahereh Mafi: This young woman is one of the most talented writers I've had the privilege of reading. For real. I habitually refer to her writing as "stunning" and "adjective-defying" because it's just that awesome. Plus, she combines it with interesting characters, breathtaking romance, and fascinating plots. She may have only released two full books and a novella, but Tahereh Mafi is on this list to stay.
Favorite book by author:  ALL OF THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment