Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Top Ten Characters I Would Crush On If I Were Also A Fictional Character* {22}



Note: We decided to limit ourselves to ONE hero per author, which was a challenge for some. *cough*Lisa Kleypas*cough*

Racquel's picks:
01. Hardy Cates from by
02. Knight Sebring from Knight by Kristen Ashley: Knight is so intense and could be scary but most importantly, he's HAWT. The things he says *fans self* I read most of his dialogue twice. It was that great. Welcome to Racquel's list of best fictional men, Knight. It's an honor.
03. Russ from Lovestruck Summer by Melissa C. Walker: round of applause for the patient saint that is Russ. Most of the fictional men I love, I would probably kill in real life (not you Hardy, stay perfect). However, Russ is so sweet and genuinely kind, he would totes be a REAL LIFE swoony guy.
04. Gavriel Duval from Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: read the book. Fall in love with the story, the romance and Duval. It's worth it.
05. Bram Griswold from Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel: yeah yeah he's a ZOMBIE but it's what's on inside that matters *wink*.

Sharon's picks:
(Yes, I totally cheated. I CAN'T DO THIS, OKAY. It was hard enough to pick just 5 each. Plus, I tend to think of them separately, anyway.)


ADULT
01. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I cannot make a list of literary crushes and not include him. That would be like Fourth of July without any apple pie. Or Friday with no two pizzas. (Name that reference!)
02. Carter Maguire from Vision in White by Nora Roberts. YOU GUYS. I know I always say Sir Harry Valentine is my favorite Beta hero, but he might have to be demoted to favorite historical Beta hero. Because upon my recent re-read of Vision in White, I rediscovered my love of Carter Maguire. And seriously. He's an English teacher (MAJOR points, there) who is all kinds of awkward and adorable.
03. Sir Harry Valentine from What Happens in London by Julia Quinn. See above. I still harbor LOTS of love for Sir Harry, though. ♥
04. Ranger from The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. I have loved Ranger for the better part of a decade. Since the age of too-young-to-have-been-reading-these-books. The strong, smoldering, silent type. YES, PLEASE.
05. Hardy Cates from Sugar Daddy & Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas. Yes, Racquel put him on her list already, and normally, I would just stick an asterisk up there indicating that I agree. But in light of my recent re-reads, that just was not NEARLY enough to indicate how much I love him.

YA
01. Wes Baker from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. Um, I have been in love with Wes Baker for a very large portion of my life. I have no desire to stop now.
02. Tucker from The Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand. COWBOY. Super cute. Sarcastic. Loyal. Yeah, love him.
03. Jase Garrett from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I am a sucker for the Nice Guy in YA books. And Jase is Nice Guy to the max, while still having a wonderful personality and being great with his siblings.
04. Adrian Ivashkov from The Vampire Academy & Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead. ADRIAN. I don't know what it is about him. Because logically, I should not love him as much as I do. He has a lot of habits I don't like at all. But he's still freaking wonderful.
05. Warner from The Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi. Aaaand speaking of people I should not love as much as I do? Yeah. I'm crazy. I guess we'd make a good pair??

*And let's not kid ourselves here. We totally crush on them in our human form. And we're not ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment