Home About Policies Reviews Features

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sizzle & Swoon: Our Favorite YA Romances

Welcome back to Sizzle & Swoon! Today, we're starting our last category focus: Young Adult. While technically, most YA books aren't classified as romances, there are lots and lots of swoon-worthy love stories. So whether or not the books are labeled "romance," they definitely contain it. And now we want to share some of our favorite YA books that give us lots of romantic feels. Don't forget to check out Alexa Loves Books for a review of a fabulous YA romance - which happens to be one of the picks on this list!
Our Favorite Books from Other Subgenres
(Remember that (+A) (+S) (+R) means that (+Alexa), (+Sharon), or (+Racquel) agrees with that pick!)

ALEXA'S ANSWERS

1) Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles - As you can see, Racquel chose another book in this series. This second book, however, is my favorite. I adore the setting, and I adore the characters. Plus, the story really moved me when I read it.

2) Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas - This is the second book of the series, but it really brought out all the FEELINGS. I swooned a lot while reading this one, and it also has some of my favorite moments ever.

3) Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (I love it too much not to include it.) - The whole idea of reuniting with someone from your past just got to me. Their relationship was super sweet and super cute, and I want to have a boy like Henry.

RACQUEL'S ANSWERS
1) Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (+A) (+S) - My favorite YA book and romance! Years later I realize it is cheesy but it WORKS and it's GREAT!

2) There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones - A beautiful, beautiful book. It tackles a lot of issues but Jenny B. Jones really did all of them justice.

3) Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols (+A) - Johnafter. 'Nuff said.

SHARON'S ANSWERS
1) The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen (+A) - My all-time favorite YA book! I've read it so many times, I've lost count (somewhere around 13). A beautiful romance, a great story, and a fantastic supporting cast. This book is so awesome, you don't just swoon. You sa-woon.

2) The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Han (+A) - I'm kind of cheating here, but I can't imagine just reading ONE of these books. They're all one long book to me. And the romance is incredible.

3) Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (+A) - I literally (yes, literally!) STOPPED BREATHING for a few seconds at The Kissing Scene in this book. If you've read it, you know which one I mean. I got so attached to the couple. Their romance, even if it is technically the secondary plot, is unbelievably good.
Do you read Young Adult? If so, then you've probably seen one or two (or thirty) with a fabulous romance. Do share! We're always in need of more!
Don't want to miss any Sizzle & Swoon? Check out our master list of all the posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment