This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books at the Top of Our Summer TBR List
01. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: Finally! I'm going read THE romance book. Just in time for Sizzle & Swoon too :-D Sharon is going to be so pleased!
02. The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty: I have the first three books with me ready to be devoured. I hope I'm not disappointed.
03. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard: This seems like the perfect summer book because it's about travel! Plus I've heard a lot of good things from people I trust.
04. Split by Swati Avasthi: Just looking at this book makes me want to burst into tears. I need to be in the right mental state to read this book but it will happen soon!
05. The Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead: I'M COMING FOR YA, ADRIAN IVASHKOV. I read the Vampire Academy series last summer so it's only fitting that I start the Bloodlines this summer too, right? SO EXCITING.
I decided to limit myself to summery books for this list, or there would have been NO WAY I could limit myself to 5 (Crown of Midnight, anyone?! And I'm STILL waiting for Of Triton). Of course, I failed even with this constriction, LOL.
02. How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski. This one just sounds like so much fun! I would want to read it for the title/cover combination alone.
03. Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally. I have a HUGE love for books set at camp. I actually just got this one from the library! It'll probably be the first on this list to get crossed off. I'm so excited for it!
04. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller. If I weren't ordering this list by author's last name, this would SO be first on the list. I cannot even tell you how long I've waited for this book. It just sounds like the PERFECT summer story for me. Unfortunately, my library has no plans to acquire it, as far as I can tell. I will probably wind up buying it at work in the next few days.
05. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer. I knew I wanted to read this one from the moment I saw the title. And the cover is so pretty! Not to mention it just sounds like a good story, and I've yet to read a Sarah Strohmeyer book.
BONUS Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland. I hadn't heard of this one until recently, but all of the sudden, it's everywhere. And it looks absolutely fantastic! I can't wait to get my hands on this one.