Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, August 26, 2013

(Bout of Books 8.0) Wrap-Up Post

Goal #01: Read six of the following books
Result: Success! For the first time in my Bout of Books history (6 readathons and counting!), I actually met my goal by reading books ENTIRELY OFF MY LIST. Of course, I then promptly deviated. But I also hadn't thought my list through very well this year, because I left off any historical romance choices! Which was really setting myself up for disaster. Regardless, I met my goal using entirely list books, and I'm excited about it. Here is the list of books I read over the course of Bout of Books.

   01. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
   02. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
   03. A Legacy of Secrets by Carol Marinelli
   04. Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams
   05. Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
   06. On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
   07. The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros*
   08. I Married the Duke by Katharine Ashe* (started before BOB, finished during)
   09. Golden by Jessi Kirby (started)

* Not on my goal list

To sum up, I read 7.34 books with a total of 2,380 pages, which is an average of 340 pages a day. Not bad! Check out My Goal & Update Post for a full break-down.

Goal #02: Discover some awesome new blogs and friends
Result: Totally happened! Through visiting a bunch of goal/challenge posts and being able to participate in three Twitter chats (which also fulfilled my goal of wanting to participate in two chats) - as well as just hanging out around the #boutofbooks feed constantly - I found at least a dozen awesome new people and blogs! This was one of my most social Bout of Books ever, and I LOVED it! I probably could have read at least one more book, if not two, if I had neglected Twitter and commenting like I usually do. But I wouldn't trade this experience for the world!

Goal #03: GET INTO TWITTER JAIL ONCE. It will happen this time. I feel it!
Result: I DID ITTTT. I've been trying since...Bout of Books 5 or 6, I believe, to be sent to Twitter jail. I don't know why. I just wanted it to happen once! Well, friends, I succeeded. But didn't just happen once. It happened three times! And the second and third time were on accident, LOL. The first time happened during the first #boutofbooks chat, the second during the #LitLush chat (which happened immediately after the impromptu #boutofbooks chat that I hosted, thus a large part of the blame lies there), and the third during the #boutofbooks chat on Saturday. I'm just glad I had @thebookbarbies account as back-up!

Goal #04:Participate in four or more challenges
Result: Success! I participated in six challenges! There were some fantastic challenges this year! So. much. fun. I think my favorite would still have to be the "I Spy" challenge, with Bookish Mad Libs close behind! Head over here to see all my challenge responses!

Bout of Books 8.0 was definitely one of my favorite readathons to date! It was a fantastic balance of reading and socializing I hope to repeat in the future. Now, I'll just be counting down to January for Bout of Books 9.0!

No comments:

Post a Comment