Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Top Ten Best Sequels Ever {36}

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Best Sequels Ever
Note: For the sake of our sanity and ease of decisions, we defined "sequels" as part of REAL series. As in, same characters, same story arc, etc. Not simply part of the same romance series, because EVERYTHING in the romance world is part of a series nowadays.

Racquel's picks
01.  Second ChanceFirst Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky: First Comes Love was traditionally published but Kacvinsky took a chance with Second Chance and self-published it herself. I was never worried about Second Chance not being as good as First Comes Loves because of that because I knew it was going to be amazing. I was right.

02. Anatomy of a Single Girl ← Anatomy of Boyfriend by Daria Sandowsky: Anatomy of Boyfriend was hilarious, honest and real. I didn't think Sandowsky would be able to nail it again with Anatomy of a Single Girl but she did! She delivered another hilariously real novel that YA fans needs to read.

03. Making it Last ← How to Misbehave by Ruthie knox: We meet Amber & Tony in How to Misbehave when they fall in love. We meet them again 14 years later in Making it Last when they're married, have 3 kids and their marriage is in trouble. An HONEST marriage in trouble story like this might not be everyone's cup of tea but it was so real, raw and romantic in the REAL sense. This story? It's real and it's amazing.

04. CLOCKWORK PRINCESS WINS EVERYTHING. I'm sure this one is going to be on a lot of lists FOR A GOOD REASON. Cassandra Clare outdoes herself with it. Oh Jem, Will and Tessa. OH MY HEART.

05. Dark Triumph  ← Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers: this is a companion novel series but it's best read in order. I LOVED Grave Mercy and didn't think it would be topped but... LaFevers topped it!  Dark Triumph was amazing and I can't wait to read the next and last companion novel in the His Fair Assassin series, Mortal Heart!!

Sharon's Picks
01. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. BEST SEQUEL EVER, bar none. My heart. My brain. My emotions. GAH. I loved every single thing about this book.

02. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. After the hype about this one, I was expecting to be disappointed. I wasn't sure if it could surpass Throne of Glass, which I loved. But it absolutely did! Everything Throne of Glass had, Crown of Midnight did it better.

03. Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty. Did Sloppy Firsts contain "You. Yes. You."? No. I rest my case.

04. Siege & Storm by Leigh Bardugo. This world was still awesome and intriguing, AND Bardugo finally gave me a ship to root for!

05. It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han. Surprisingly, given my feelings about which brother I prefer with Belly, this is my favorite book of the trilogy. It is so captivating and quotable!

No comments:

Post a Comment