This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books We Were Forced to Read
02. Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas - my best friend forced me to read this. THANK YOU AURORA I OWE YOU MY LIFE FOR INTRODUCING ME TO HARDY CATES.
03. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - once again, my best friend Aurora made me read this. If I didn't owe her for Hardy Cates, I owe her for Will and Jem.
04. A Lady Awakened by Cecilia Grant - after Ruthie Knox recommend Morning Glory, which is now one of my all time favorite books ever, I have to to read every book Ruthie Knox recommends because I trust her judgement.
05. Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros - I never heard of this book before but Sharon picked it out for our readalong with Alexa and yeah, THANKS SHARON.
02. . Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas. My friend from LJ - who also got me into historical romance - convinced me that I should give the Travises a try, even though I wasn't sure about a Kleypas contemporary when she wrote such awesome historicals. I cannot even imagine my life without the Travises.
03. . Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. I blame this on my high school curriculum. After my failed attempt at reading this book at age 12 after reading and loving Jane Eyre, I probably wouldn't have picked it up again. Thankfully, I was forced to, and it became one of my favorite books.
04. . Ethan Frome. I didn't like this book when I read it for the first time, but then I had to read it again in college. It was so good! Although I don't love everything about it, I appreciated it a lot more.
05. . Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty. I basically blame the entire book blogging community for this one! No one particular person, but I felt like I absolutely needed to try it out. And I'm so grateful! So much love for the first two books in this series.