Home About Policies Reviews Features

Friday, November 1, 2013

Be Good To Me: BIRTHDAY Edition!


R: YAYYY BIRTHDAY MONTH! *tosses confetti* My birthday is on the 30th and Sharon's birthday was on the 2nd! *tosses more confetti*
S:  YAYYY BIRTHDAY MONTH! *tosses confetti*

Racquel read: 
  1. A Soft Place to Fall by Liz Flaherty (A)
  2. Hydraulic Level Five by Sarah Latchaw (B)
  3. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley (A)
  4. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley (C+)
  5. The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn (B)
  6. Because of Joe by Liz Flaherty (A)
  7. Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas (A)
  8. Darius: Lord of Pleasures by Grace Burrowes  (C-)
  9. Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay (A)
  10. The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley (A)
  11. The Devil's Tattoo by Nicole R. Taylor (B)
Racquel's October  favorites: 
I read a lot of good books this months!
-A Soft Place to Fall and Because of Joe both delivered the heartwarming and impossibly sweet romances that I expect from Liz Flaherty
-The 3 Highland Pleasures books I read (Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage,  The Many Sins of Lord Cameron and The Duke's Perfect Wife) only made me more obsessed with Jennifer Ashley as I read one after the other. I still have a major hangover from her writing. Seriously, I only want to read to Jennifer Ashley. I'm OBSESSED.
-Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay is an awesome, awesome, AWESOME retelling!

Other things Racquel did:
Like Sharon,  I watched a crap ton of television. First, I watched Scandal. Twice. WHAT?! I watched it all in like three days. Really, three days. I stayed up until 5 in the morning when I was supposed to write a paper and watched it. Then I told my sister about how great it is and forced her to watch it so I ended up rewatching it all with her. Y'all, Scandal is good.




Next, I watched Orphan Black. Oh. My. God. So far, only one season aired and it's 10 episodes long so it only took me a day to watch but Oh. My. God. It's so so so so so so so good. It's about clones and Tatiana Maslany legit plays 6 different people on the show and gives each one a personality. I forget that each person is actually one actor, that's how good she is. SHE IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING. Orphan Black is easily one of my new favorite shows and I cannot wait until season 2 which airs in April.
HOW ARE YOU NOT AMAZED? 6 different people, one actress! 
So yeah, I strongly recommend these two shows. Especially Orphan Black. So to tally all of that up, 2 shows, 11 books, 3 papers, 2 tests & a mid term... I'm I rocking college or what??

Sharon read:
01. The Perfect Match by Kristan Higgins
02. Big Sky Christmas by C.J. Carmichael
03. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
04. Until Fountain Bridge by Samantha Young
05. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
06. Down London Road by Samantha Young
07. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Sharon's October's favorites:
FANGIRLLLL.

Other Things Sharon Did
#01 Watched a crap ton of television. Worked a lot. Worked out on a regular basis. WHAT WHAT.

November Releases We Want:



No comments:

Post a Comment