Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, December 9, 2013

Be Good To Me: Bye 2013!

R: The end of the year is here! November (and my birthday) are over. This means finals (boo) and the end of my first college semester (YAAY!) and then I'm going back home over the winter break (major yaaay!). I'm 5 books away from reaching my reading goal of the year so I will be reading like crazy the last 3 weeks of the month.

S:  I can't believe it's December already! I've officially been a part of The Book Barbies for a year! That's just crazy. Anyway, it's December! Which means I can complain about the cold but love curling up with a blanket and mug of hot cocoa/tea/chai. And, of course, CHRISTMAS! I'm a major Christmas elf. So consider yourself forewarned.

Racquel read: 
  1. Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettel (B)
  2. Truly by Ruthie Knox (A)
  3. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (B)
  4. Beauty by Robin McKinley  (B-)
  5. The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead (A)
  6. Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh (B-)
  7. Tin Star by Cecil Castellucci (A)
  8. OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu (A)
  9. Sekret by Lindsay Smith (B)
  10. How Beauty Met the Beast by Jax Garren (B)
Racquel's November favorites: 
-The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead: This is definitely my new favorite of the series! So many awesome Sydney and Adrian moments. I'm slooooooowly reading The Fiery Heart (I'm trying to savor it), so I'm interested to see if it will beat The Indigo Spell as my favorite.
-Tin Star by Cecil Castellucci: This book is set in space! It's a quick read and it made me want to read all the space books. It's THAT good.
-OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu: I was really excited to read this book
because I knew I was going to love it but DAMN, I did not expect to cry my way through the last 100 pages of the book.


Sharon read:
01. Always on My Mind by Jill Shalvis
02. The Marquess of Cake by Heather Hiestand
03. No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLean
04. Gated by Amy Christine Parker
05. Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
06. Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes by Gina Lamm

Sharon's November favorites:
The hands-down winner of the Awesome Book of the Month award goes to No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLean. I already want to re-read. I can't sing this book's praises high enough! I loved the originality, the execution, the slow burn, the characters, EVERYTHING.

Other Things Sharon Did
I finally caved and discovered the amazingness that is Sherlock! The BBC version with Benedict Cumberbatch, that is. And yes, of course, I am in love with him. Because how could you not be? I'm just glad that I only have to wait until January for the new season! The show is just fabulous, and I can't wait to get more of it.

December Releases We Want:

No comments:

Post a Comment