01. Friends. This is the one answer I didn't have to contemplate for even a split second. Friends is my all-time favorite show, hands down. Start a line of dialogue with me, and I can finish it. I've seen every episode multiple times, and they never get old. ♥
This Week's Topic:
This Week's Topic:
Our Top Ten Favorites TV Shows!
01. Best show on TV? Orphan Black! A season is only 10 episodes but that means each and every episode is important and KICKS ASS. Tatiana Maslany plays so many different clones and she's just amazing.
02. Awkward. This is an MTV show but it is ON POINT! I thought it would be a cliche high school but nope. So many episodes made me go "THIS, OMG YES, THIS!". It's also hilarious and I pretty much have the first three seasons memorized because I rewatch them all. the. time.
03. MERLIN! This show makes my heart happy and brings out my major fan girl. I'm an Arthur fan girl even though I HATED HIM in the first episodes.Sharon agrees! While this wouldn't quite make her top ten, she's a big fan.
04. SUITS IS SO GOOD! The fourth season is currently airing and its so different from the previous seasons (which are still very good). This season is intense and just excellent. Plus, I want to be Donna.Sharon agrees! Suits rocks her socks off! She wants to be Donna when she grows up. Abso-freaking-lutely Top Ten material. But this way, it's one more she can knock off the list of contenders for the final ten slots...
05. Do your self a favor and watch Hannibal. It's a beautiful show. Hugh Dancy as Will Graham and Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal are amazing. AMAZING. You think cannibalism means gory but it's sooooo beautiful to watch.
Shows I also binge watch at the end of their season: Game of Thrones, Scandal, Agents of SHIELD, Melissa & Joey, Lost Girl, and The Americans.
*The rest of this list is in no particular order!
This is actually really hard for me! Because there are several shows that were past favorites to which I would have sworn my undying fealty and happily died defending their honor (CSI, The Vampire Diaries, House MD, etc.), but I'm not really into them anymore, for various reasons. I also don't watch nearly as much television now as I used to. So I decided to go with things that are current favorites or old favorites that still hold their appeal.
02. Doctor Who. There's a reason this show has been around forever. Whether you're looking for something that will make your brain hurt, scare your pants off, or make you cry, you're in the right place! And you'll enjoy every moment of it. And to answer the question I'm sure you're dying to know: David Tennant is my favorite. DUH. Though I do adore Christopher Eccleston and finally grew to love Matt Smith. I'm so excited to see what Peter Capaldi is going to bring to the role! Oh, and Donna is my favorite companion. Freaking LOVE her.
03. Gilmore Girls. While the early seasons are my favorite (2 and 3 specifically), I love the whole series. I love Lorelai, Rory, Luke, Sookie, Jackson, Kirk, and the whole gang. I would so move to Stars Hollow if it existed. Really, though, it has snappy dialogue, swoons, yummy food, and pop culture references galore. How could you go wrong? (Plus, Sam is named Dean! Ha!)
04. The Big Bang Theory. This is really more for the earlier years, as I'm not as much of a fan of it recently. But I will forever love Sheldon (and also Sheldon/Penny because I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP, okay), and it always makes me laugh.
05. Castle. I basically love EVERYTHING about this show. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but is also totally intense and scary sometimes. But at the same time, every episode will make you laugh AT LEAST once. Also, if I can't be Donna from Suits when I grow up, I want to be Kate Beckett, because she is the HBIC, and I love her.
06. Community. I'm actually just rediscovering my love for Community! I first discovered it the summer after the first season, and I watched those episodes so much in those few months that I could quote them backwards, forwards, and upside down. I stopped watching mid season 3, but I'm catching up now! (Well, relatively speaking, as I'm not watching television in the month of July. But I was in June, and I fully intend to continue in August.)
07. Hart of Dixie. I actually have an almost equal love/hate relationship with Hart of Dixie, because even though I'm raging and complaining about at least one thing every episode, I LOVE this show to death. It's the only show I actually always stay caught up on as it airs.
08. Supernatural. I actually debated for a while before deciding to include this one. Why? Because I actually don't love the show itself, as in the storylines, as much as I could, haha. I never watch scary movies, and I'm not really into monsters. But I freaking ADORE *cough*Dean and Cas*cough* the characters. This is my most recent television obsession, and I've logged a considerable amount of hours reading fanfiction since finishing a couple months back. (Is the season premiere here yet? GAHHH.)
09. Chopped. While I'm not really big on reality television or cooking shows, Chopped is the exception for both. I watch this show every chance I get; it's just so much fun! Plus, in all seriousness, I think my cooking has definitely improved since I started watching! I'm much more adventurous. It doesn't always work out for me, but the results are usually at least edible.
10. Jeopardy. I am a HUGE Jeopardy freak, and my family is, too. No, really. We DVR the episodes every day and marathon them on Sundays. We're that cool. Really, though, I love game shows and trivia, so what's not to enjoy?
What about YOU? What are some of your favorite shows? What do you think of the ones we listed? Also, we're always open to recs, if you're so inclined!