Home About Policies Reviews Features

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Be Good To Me: Another Round of Birthdays!


R: October being over is crazy because the year is ALMOST over but HELLO NOVEMBER! It's mine & Sharon's birthday month! The holiday season will start soon, school will be winding down... this is definitely the best time of year.
S:  What she said! I'm so excited November is here! Even though that means I've already had another birthday, and that's CRAZY. I'm so excited for the crisp fall weather (it's been pretty warm here thus far) and Thanksgiving and Christmas and just YAY!

Racquel read: 
So it was month of the romantic suspense! This started ever since I read In Death book by J.D. Robb. Since I'm an extreme moody reader, I have to continue reading romantic suspense until this obsession is over. Any recs?
  1. Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard (B)
  2. Without Words by Ellen O'Connell (A)
  3. Fallen by Leslie Tentler (B)
  4. Finding Mary Blaine by Jodi Thomas (C)
  5. Don't Tell by Karen Rose (B)
  6. Have You Seen Her? by Karen Rose (B-)
  7. Raid by Kristen Ashley  (B)
  8. Lay It Down by Cara McKenna (B-)

Racquel's October favorites: 

—Without Words by Ellen O'Connell: I mean it's Ellen O'Connell. Of course this book was going to be a subtle, slow burning amazing romance. By far my favorite of the whole month.
—Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard: I skipped around this one because I just wanted to read about the couple, who are a new favorite.
—Lay It Down by Cara McKenna: I also skipped around this one but focusing solely on the couple, I love them! Plus, Cara McKenna writes my favorite sexy scenes and dirty heroes. FAVORITE.

Other things Racquel did:

I went to see Arctic Monkeys! I did a lot of fun things in October but that definitely wins. I LOVE Arctic Monkeys and they were just as good in concert as they are on record. Plus I wasn't sure if they were going to sing one of my favorite older song by them, Cornerstore, but they did. It was a magical night.

Sharon read:
01. He's So Fine by Jill Shalvis
02. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (Re-read)
03. Wallflower Gone Wild by Maya Rodale
04. One in a Million by Jill Shalvis

I also made progress on A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin and read a good chunk of Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. I'm rereading both of them before Heir of Fire, which is hanging out and looking pretty on my shelf. As you can see, though, I was clearly not on the top of my reading game in October. I was busy with work and other things, but mostly? I was distracted. See further down for the oh-so-important reason.

Sharon's MONTH favorites:
Um, all of them? No, really. What it lacked in quantity, October made up for in substance. I thoroughly enjoyed every book I read. I mean, it's the third time I read Throne of Glass. I've never read anything by Maya Rodale before, but I really liked her style a lot. I'll definitely be looking her up in the future. And I finished the last full Lucky Harbor book. *sniff* I haven't been able to make myself write the review of it yet, but it will come! No worries.

Other Things Sharon Did
Now, the answer you've all been waiting for. Although if you follow me on Twitter, it's probably not exactly a mystery to you. But trust me, I held back like 98.8% of it. Well, except for Judith. She happened to respond to me once, and I exploded all my feels toward her. Sorry about that, lovely! Without further ado, the object of my obsession:

Once and I started innocently enough. I had held off watching a long time, though it seemed like a very "me" show. I finally gave in, but after 4 episodes, I was ready to throw in the towel. Though I was intrigued by the characters, I was frustrated because nothing was happening. But my cousin encouraged me to give it another shot, and I had a good chunk of time one day after a trip to the dentist where I didn't want to do anything but lie on the couch. It took another two episodes, and BOOM. I was hooked. Things started happening, more characters were introduced, etc. And the rest is history. I kept it healthy for a week or so, with only one or two episodes a day. But then I fell down the hole completely, full-out marathoning and fic-reading and mix-making and apple turnover-baking. Hence, very few books. But oh well. It's freaking AWESOME. I heartily endorse it. Just make sure you give it six episodes before you decide if it's for you or not. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some fic to read books to catch up on.


No comments:

Post a Comment