This Week's Topic:
Top Ten YA Books We Want to Read
01. Graceling by Kristin Cashore— I think I'm the only YA reader in humanity that hasn't read Graveling and 2015 will be the year I change that!
02. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta— I love Marchetta and I'm pretty sure I'll love her fantasy series as much as I adore her contemporaries!
03. Splintered by A.G. Howard— I've been interested in this since the cover reveal and now the series is complete! Perfect time to read it and binge read the second and last book, yeah? (Well, I'm hoping I'll love it and continue to book two!)
04. Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantev— I'm honestly not even sure what this book is about but I'm extremely intrigued by the cover and summary that only confuses me! Has anyone read it?
05. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater— I've never read Stiefvater before so I figured this standalone is the perfect place to start. I will be giving the well loved audio a try and see what I think!Sharon's Picks
01. Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller. I've been meaning to read this one for quite a while! The cover is gorgeous, and so many people love it.
02. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. I know I'll have to be in the mood for this one, but it is an important book to read, I feel. I've owned it for several years now, and I really want to read it soon.
03. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. I absolutely adored The Sky is Everywhere. Nelson's writing style blows me away. Therefore, I really need to read this one sooner rather than later.
04. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I have a terrible, horrible habit of not reading the third book in trilogies. It doesn't matter how desperate I am for them (this one and Ruin and Rising are at the top of the list), but I just don't want the story to end. I truly plan to read this one soon, though. I have it from the library at this very moment.
05. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. WHY HAVE I NOT READ THIS BOOK YET? I AM AN IDIOT. THAT'S WHY.