Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Top Ten Books with Sex Positive Heroines

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books with Sex Positive Heroines 
Racquel's picks: I love the ladies. Whatever their choices are. But ladies who own their sexuality, who are sexually confident before the love interest enters the scene are pretty rare. I mean come on, hiring a guy to teach you the art of seduction is a freaking trope in historical and contemporary romance and NA. I don't explicitly only mean ladies who have sex and they're confident in that. You can have virgins confident in their sexuality. No biggie. I want to see more variety that tells girls its okay because there is so much shaming.


01. Sarah Dessen is really good at writings girls and showing us its okay to experiment and experience.  Dating beyond your first and only boyfriend is a major theme of The Moon and More & This Lullaby features a sexually confident heroine. I'm loving it.


02. Biggest Flirts and every other Jennifer Echols novel. Jennifer Echols is the queen of writing ladies in YA. QUEEN.



03. I love Julie James heroines because they never need the heroes to actually save them. The heroines save themselves. They definitely don't need the hero to come in and show them what sex is.


04. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I will forever love Vampire Academy for Rose Hathaway who has many faults. She's impulsive, aggressive, brazen but thank you Richelle Mead for writing her because we need more Roses. She owns her sexuality which she gets shit for but that just shows how important she is.


05. Graceling by Kristin Cashore: this book is a dream come true. Katsa making choices for herself and she's not "cured" from her beliefs when the love interest enters the scene. Yes please. 

06. The Master by Kresley Cole: Cat doesn't have a lot of experience with men (actually, only one man) but she's still sooooo sexually confident. I LOVE IT.

07. The Star Thief by Jamie Grey. A space pirate who owns her sexuality. MAKES ME JUMP FROM JOY.

08. Love, In English by Karina Halle: two of my favorite things! Really messy, complicated relationships AND a heroine who owns her sexuality. Happy Racquel is happy.



09. Burning by Elana K. Arnold: here is a case of a character who has no experience but she's still confident in her sexuality and want to experiment and experience. I adore this book.

10. Anatomy of a Single Girl by Daria Snadowsky: this is an unflinching honest portrayal of sex done in an everyday, normal way. It's such an important book.
So, help me out and HIT ME WITH YO RECS! I know I have plenty more books to read and I have more books on my tbr like this but I NEED MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment