Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 372
Published: December 2010
Publisher: Dutton
Goodreads Summary:
"Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?"


Review:
Mmmm... this book was freaking DE. LISH. I ate this book right up. I was immediately pulled in with Stephani Perkins humor, and the way she protruded Anna's thoughts to the reader. It was definitely a VERY fun and tasty read.
The way that Stephanie Perkins described Paris is so detailed and thoughtful, making me BELIEVE that she HAS to have been there before to be able to describe it so thoroughly. I think Paris was the perfect place for Anna to meet Etienne St. Claire. I really loved their relationship with each other, and I loved their group of friends they could rely on.
I also loved how Anna and St. Claire's relationship wasn't Barbie-perfect. There were their ups and downs, but they both still realized they belonged to each other. I thought it was hilarious how Stephanie Perkins contradicts herself in one part of the story, when St. Claire's mother is diagnosed with Cervical Cancer, and Anna's father writes about those type of stories (Jodi Picoult? ;).
But I enjoyed this book SO ENTIRELY MUCH, I can't even stop thinking about the book to write a proper review. IT WAS JUST SO GREAT. You'd have to read it to believe me... Stephanie Perkins's writing style is just so unique, it immediately drew me in like no other author. I devoured this book in a day! That's how amazing it was. I cannot absolutely wait for her next book, Lola and the Boy Next Door, because I hear Anna and St. Claire are in it! And don't worry, Anna and the French Kiss ends in a happy ending, which pretty means it's the cherry on top. Anna and the French Kiss by FAR is my favorite book of all time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment