Home About Policies Reviews Features

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Title: Entwined
Author:
Heather Dixon

Pages:
480

Published:
March 29, 2011

Publisher:
Greenwillow Books

Goodreads Summary:

"Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.
Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.
But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to keep things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late."
Review:
Such. A. Beautiful. Cover.

No seriously, when I saw it, I was immediately drawn to the book, I was enchanted. And luckily, the story was just as amazing as the cover!
I have to admit, the beginning and kind of the middle of the book was a bit slow, but the ending really made up for it. But throughout the entire book, it just had a nice dreamy, flowy, mystical feel to the whole story, and it was really nice. I don't know if a book can be relaxing, but this one was. Especially when Heather Dixon describes the scenes where the 12 sisters are dancing. You can really feel their genuine happiness and comfort when they dance.

It was after I read this book that I found out that it is a German fairy tale retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses! I read the actual story of it and compared it to Entwined, and I actually really loved Heather's retelling of it! She definitely added nice twists and turns along the way. I admire the fact that it wasn't exact.

All of the 12 sisters were extremely lovable. They were all very smart, clever, and beautiful. Some parts were very humorous as well. The whole premise of it was written beautifully.
Overall, I just loved the plot, the retelling, and the writing. If Heather Dixon writes anything else, I am sure to read it!


No comments:

Post a Comment