Home About Policies Reviews Features

Friday, March 16, 2012

|Review| My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

Title: My Soul to Save
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Soul Screamers #2
Published: December 29th 2009 by Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA paranormal
Rating: ☂☼(4 hearts basically, I'm having fun with my Mac's special characters xD)
My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
Goodreads summary:
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...
Racquel's thoughts:
Rachel Vincent does it again! I enjoyed book 2 in the Soul Screamers series just as much as I did the 1st book and the short novella preceding the 1st novel!

What I enjoyed:
-The fact pacing! (I'm also going to contradict myself later on with this...) The book starts and *BAM* so does the plot. There are no chapter fillers or any nonsense. Every page is important.

-The characters<3 Kaylee is a bean sidhe? cool! She's learning about her kind and everything but she's also a teenage girl and a kind hearted one at that. You also have Nash, Kaylee's protective boyfriend and male bean sidhe. Just like Kaylee he's not just a paranormal creature but also a teenage boy and I loved seeing both Kaylee and Nash manage their human and bean sidhe life. Also we got more Tod time in this book which is nice because he's one hilarious grim reaper.

-The romance. It was hot! yaay for some hotness in YA, I love it! For once, things get steamier than just G rated in a YA book! Also, Nash was a great boyfriend and throughout the book he really only has Kaylee's safety in mind (this is an awww moment everybody). They are definitely a fantastic couple.

-The re-construction of Kaylee and her dad's relationship. I LOOVE when family is present in book so even though Aiden, Kaylee's dad isn't a main character by any means, I loved his scenes even though him and Kaylee were always just arguing. I'm just really enjoying seeing where their relationship will go, will it get better or worse?

What could have made this book 5 hearts:
-If the fast pacing slowed down a bit. Yes I just contradicted the first thing I enjoyed about the book but sometimes everything was happening too fast. We didn't get enough interaction of Kaylee and Nash or Kaylee and Emma (Kaylee's bestfriend) or Kaylee with anyone really because it was all about the plot and while I loved the characters, if we got more of the characters without them thinking about the main plot element it would have made the characters and romance PERFECT because it would have made them extremely 3D.

Overall rating: 4 hearts~ My Soul to Save is another fun, fast addition to the Soul Screamers series and I will definitely be reading the next one!
First:
Addison Page had the world at her feet.
Favorite:
"Anything else? Can I fan you with a big palm leaf? Feed you grapes while you write your homework in my blood?"
Teaser:
What if I was the sexual equivalent of popcorn? Suitable for light snacking only?

No comments:

Post a Comment