Home About Policies Reviews Features

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Fun: TGIF at Greads |12|

Musical Stories: If you could read a book about any song, which song would you love to see written down in story form?
Racquel's picks:
How to Save a Life by The Fray & Far More by The Honorary Title are in my opinion, two of the greatest songs I have ever listened to! Their lyrics are so profound and moving, they brought tears to my eyes a few times. If they were both a story, it would be an extremely heart breaking story but a moving one.


 
How to Save a Life by The Fray (lyrics link)
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

 
Far More by The Honorary Title (lyrics link)
I love you and I miss you
What else is there to say?
 Wish You Were Here (With Me) by Enrique Iglesias (lyrics link)
Funny how the years,
They just pass us by
Seems like yesterday,
You were in my life
 

Emma's picks: 
And as for more sad stories, Gone Away by Safetysuit, The Burn by Framing Hanley, and The Balcony Scene by Pierce The Veil. Racquel once (yesterday) told me that all songs can make stories, and they practically are stories themselves. I've listened to Gone Away so many times, in a way, it already has it's own story, it just needs to be written. Times like these, I wish I could be bothered to write...

 
Gone Away by Safetysuit (lyrics link)
 I think I'll be gone away awhile, 
Tell me all the things that I,
I'll be missing here in this old life man,
Cause I just don't know.

 
The Burn by Framing Hanley (lyrics link)
 How can I give you life? 
There's nowhere left to go when it's over.
I took the bullet, I took the heat, I took the fall.
I guess I was foolish to believe after all.

 
The Balcony Scene by Pierce The Veil (lyrics link)
Have you ever really danced on the edge?
Is something still scaring you?
Have you ever really danced on the edge?
The count of three is up

Best Friday wishes from Houston & Melbourne!

No comments:

Post a Comment