Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA Introduction

I'm participating in this years Armchair BEA which is BEA for the people who are NOT going to BEA. Awesome, right? To kick things off, I have an interview of me for y'all. This way participants can get to know me better and I can get to know YOU better!
Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
I'm Racquel and I'm a youngin' physically- a senior at high school and I will hopefully gradate in December 2012, but I'm too old mentally. Besides reading, I LOVE make-up, nothing satisfies me and makes me happier then doing make-up or hair and I do like dramatic, it's-only-noon-but-it-looks-like-I'm-going-to-the-club make up. What can I say, some people paint, some people draw, some people sculpt some people write but I choose to paint my face :D Make-up is my medium of art. Also, purses will be the death of my wallet. 


I started blogging because I was looking for books to buy and read during the summer of 2011 and that's when I really got into Goodreads. I met Mary who opened me up to this book blogging world that I didn't even know existed and I've been blogging since September 2011.
Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
English is my second language, Arabic is my native tongue. It's not really a secret or anything! I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia but I moved to Houston, TX 6 years ago but I still visit SA all the time (I'm going for the entire summer in 8 days actually). I love traveling, I will *hopefully* never ever stop visiting new places in the world. This beautiful big earth needs to be explored :D

What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
I'm currently reading Knee Deep by Jolene B. Perry and so far, so good! My favorite read of 2012 has to be On The Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves which was all kinds of awesome. It made me cry, it made me happy, it made me laugh and it even broke my heart at parts. It was perfect! I also really adored Grave Mercy by Robin L. LaFevers, it made me swoon to the point of a heart attack. Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe by Shelley Coriell definitely surprised me with how awesome it is! As for adult, no doubt, I loved About That Night by Julie James (I love everything by JJ♥) and I discovered Ruthie Knox whose two books are amazing.
Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
Instead of saying blogging has changed my reading tastes, its better to say blogging has helped me understand my reading taste. I now know that I prefer, love and read contemporary above anything else.  I do enjoy reading some paranormal and dystopian books but I never enjoy/love them as I do with contemporary books. I've also figured out that I have a soft spot for historical and steampunk novels and most importantly, I learned that I only like mature books. I always love new adult books, YA set in late high school (junior or senior year) and that I seriously, out of the world looooove adult contemporaries! I've actually never liked YA directed for 12-15 year olds.
What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
The community is the best thing! I'm not a professional book blogger and I don't want to be one, I'm in it for the peeps. What's better than discussing books with other book lovers? Or becoming friends with those people? I love all my blogger friends like no other! Emma my co-blogger, Mary, Hannah, Sarah, Celine, Gianna, Jen, Pixie, Kara, Jennie and MANY more!! I could give up my blog but I can NOT give up my twitter or Goodreads because reading is funnier when you share :D This is why I'm participating in Armchair BEA, to meet even more people and get better acquainted with the book blogsphere :D


I don't bite I swear!! Just tweet me hi, I'll love to talk to you :D
Are participating in Armchair BEA and did you interview yourself? Leave me a link! If not, it's okay, HIIII, I'll love to get to know you and chat with you anyways! and as always, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by my blog! I love to travel too and I really hope to travel the world someday. Oh and I speak Arabic too :D

    ReplyDelete