Home About Policies Reviews Features

Sunday, September 23, 2012

2013 Releases Racquel Needs!

I was inspired to create this post after reading Sarah's Five 2013 Pre-ordered books list :D By the way, I adore Sarah and everybody on her blog!

Love Irresistibly by Julie James
April 2nd
This book has been pre-ordered (in my mind) before Julie James even wrote it. Before she even knew she was going to write it. Anything Julie James is BAAAM *bought* no questions asked, no summaries read. She's that good! The hero, Cade Morgan, was introduced in the last book, About That Night, and I just *knew* that the next book was about him! (Well that *knew* is more like *wished!*)

Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas
February 5th
It's LISA KLEYPAS why do you need an explanation? I'll give you one anyways.
1) she's my favorite author 
2) she's amazing 
3) she's my favorite author 
4) this series is AWESOME SAUCE 
5) she's my favorite author 
6) the hero is the long lost brother of the past books heroes, YEAH!
7) she's my favorite author

Star Crossed by Jennifer Echols February 26th
I LOVE Jennifer Echols! And this is her first ADULT book. Umm heck yeaaah!! If all my favorite YA authors would switch to adult, I would just die happy. I'm sure this will be outrageously funny and super sexy. I really could NOT be happier that Jennifer Echols is embracing her adult writer ;D


Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
April 2nd
This is the companion novel to Grave Mercy and I LOVED that book! Swoony romance? check! Historical? check! Intriguing main character? check! Too bad this is coming out on April 2nd which is ALREADY reserved for Love Irresistibly! JULIE JAMES COMES FIRST. (unless it's Lisa Kleypas, especially her contemporaries.) Also, I could be wrong and I probably am, but I kind of remember that Sybella, the main character of this book is blonde so I don't know why they have a dark haired model on the cover. I'm probably wrong....


This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
April 2nd
ANOTHER April 2nd release, *I AM* excited for these books but once again, JULIE JAMES COMES FIRST. Anyways, the summary of this book is SOOOO GOOOD. I WANT! Superstar is email bff with a regular girl and now they're going to meet? My kind of plot ;D plus the summary mention Sleepless in Seattle so I'm SOLD! Speaking of Sleepless in Seattle, I have to share this:

The Program by Suzanne Young
April 30th
I'm not much for dystopians (or as of recently, YA books) and I haven't read anything by Suzanne Young but the summary of this book sounds creepy and great!




The Collector by Victoria Scott
March 2013
I'm not one for paranormal books either but Victoria Scott and Entangled have been promoting this book in the best way possible and I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE. Besides, Dante sounds so cocky it makes me want to slap him- then kiss him.



Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt
July 9th
This is the companion novel to Two-Way Street, and the main character it Courtney's cousin Peyton. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Two-Way Street is one of my favorite YA novels evaaar. I can't wait for it's sequel!




Honorable mentions:
All That Was Lost by Trish Doller (the title of this book WILL change)
October 2013
The original scheduled release for this book was FEBRUARY TWO THOUSAND AND FOURTEEN. Yes, 2014. Again,  TWO THOUSAND AND FOURTEEN. Which was some major fucked up-ness on Bloomsbury's part, to be honest. But a slot "cleared up" (which just means Bloomsbury realized they were being fucking stupid by scheduling the release that late and they saw they light- thank god for that!) Trish Doller debut was REALLY good and pretty much everybody loved it (again, WTF Bloomsbury? Can't they see that so many readers are willing to drop everything to read this book?) and I can't wait to read more of her writing.

Untitled by Simone Elkeles
Some unknown month & day on 2013
It's Simone Elkeles!!!!!!!!!!! She wrote my favorite YA book EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.

The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
June 4th (taken from Dessen's website)
I really love Sarah Dessen's books. The Truth About Forever & Just Listen (Owen Armstrong <3) are two of my all time favorite YA books and even though I was disappointed by Along for the Ride, What Happened To Goodbye restored my fate in her new books because I listened to the audiobook and it ROCKED. I cried. I laughed. It was everything I though it would NOT be (I had really LOW expectations when I started listening to it.)


The Book Of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
May 21st
No summary has been released for this book yet but I've read enjoyed all 3 of Sarah Ockler's books and hopefully this one won't be any different! Plus the cover is puuuuurdy. I LOVE the purple (of course)


Hooked by Liz Fichera
January 31st
Girl playing on a guy's sports team in high school. Though the sport is gold so that's more believable! I used to think of golf as old men in plaid and golf but *sigh* my view has been changed ever since I *ahem* been acquainted with a tattooed sexy guy who enjoys golfing ;D Bring this book on!

Are you excited for any of these? Or are there other 2013 releases that I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment