Home About Policies Reviews Features

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Summer I Became a Nerd

What book? The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

When does it come out? May 7, 2013

What is it about? On the outside, seventeen-year-old Madelyne Summers looks like your typical blond cheerleader — perky, popular, and dating the star quarterback. But inside, Maddie spends more time agonizing over what will happen in the next issue of her favorite comic book than planning pep rallies with her squad. That she’s a nerd hiding in a popular girl's body isn’t just unknown; it's anti-known. And she needs to keep it that way. Summer is the only time Maddie lets her real self out to play, but when she slips up and the adorkable guy behind the local comic shop’s counter uncovers her secret, she’s busted. Before she can shake a pom-pom, Maddie’s whisked into Logan’s world of comic conventions, live-action role-playing, and first-person-shooter video games. And she loves it. But the more she denies who she really is, the deeper her lies become…and the more she risks losing Logan forever.

Why am I waiting on this book? I have been desperately awaiting this book since I first stumbled across it, several months ago. Yes, the cover is horrendous (seriously, WHAT is that font?), but I am SO IN LOVE with the premise. Popular Girl is secretly a Nerd Girl at heart? Adorkable love interest who works at a comic book store? I love the whole idea behind it. Obviously, Maddie is going to have to learn how to embrace her inner nerd and be okay with letting other people know about that. But I want to know how it happens! And I really want to see her really delving into all the crazy awesomeness of nerddome and falling for Logan along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment