Home About Policies Reviews Features

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon Wrap-Up

Which hour was most daunting for you?
Um, that would be hour 18, during which I faded in and out for about 10 minutes, and finally fell asleep, even though I meant to stay up for the next 2 hours. I wasn't allowing myself to stay up past that because I had to be awake to interpret the play today. But: funny and confusing story! I fell asleep reading, so my hand was still holding the pages open to my place. But somehow when I woke up after a bit, I was holding a different spot 100 pages after I stopped? So, I don't know if somehow it flipped open, or if I was turning pages in my sleep or something, LOL. Regardless, when I jerked back awake, I was like, "No! I at least need to read to the end of this hour!" But I started reading and was really confused because I didn't know what was going on. I flipped back a couple pages to refresh myself and didn't remember those either. Being half asleep, this was too much for my brain to handle, so I just decided to shut out the light and go to sleep for real. This morning, I looked at the book and saw what had happened. Still not sure how it happened, though.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I didn't read either of these during this readathon, but they are books that have kept me up until all hours of the night before.

Both Mara Dyer books by Michelle Hodkin
What I Did for a Duke by Julie Anne Long
Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope! I love how it is set up. For myself, one thing I plan to do differently is schedule one or two points ahead of time (and set an alarm on my phone so I don't forget), so I can participate in a challenge or two. This time, I knew I was going to lose a huge chunk of Saturday evening, so I only wanted to read the whole time. But I think it would be fun to do a challenge or two.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I had a really great variety of books I was excited about to choose from.

How many books did you read?
2 full books, and 102 pages of another. Not great, but better than last time!

What were the names of the books you read?
Love Irresistibly by Julie James
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
Mine to Hold by Shayla Black

Which book did you enjoy most?
Love Irresistibly.

Which did you enjoy least?
Mine to Hold. Although I'm liking it overall, there are some things I'm not crazy about.

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
VERY! I love readathons. And I am determined that one day, this one will fall on a day I can dedicate entirely to reading rather than having big RL things intruding on my marathoning time.

No comments:

Post a Comment