Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Books We Read Before We Started Blogging {23}

This week's topic: Favorite Books We Read Before We Started Blogging
Racquel's picks:
Pre-blogging I loved are my top favorites ever like, , , & but since I ALWAYS mention those, I'm listing NEW books for once. 


01. by

03. by so I don't go read how everything ends before I actually get there.
I'm addicted to reading spoilers.
04. Violet series by
05. series by Violet series, I appreciated the maturity of this series that I did not know existed in books at the time.


Sharon's picks:
I know I talk about some of these a lot, but there's a reason for that! They're wonderful. I tried to mention a couple I feel like I never discuss, though! And I picked books of all varieties and genres to try to mix it up a little.



01. Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda. Literary Fiction. An English translation of a French book originally titled Ensemble c'est tout (loosely translated "Together, that's all"). I adore the story and her writing style. (Also a very cute movie featuring the wonderful Guillaume Canet! And Audrey Tautou!)
02. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. Young Adult. BEST YA BOOK EVER. I could read this book over and over and over again. In fact, I have. And will continue to do so. Wes. Sa-woon. Macy. The whole Wish crew. ♥
03. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. Classic. I actually have a funny relationship with this book. I originally tried to read it when I was 12, immediately after finishing Jane Eyre and thinking I could take anything these "classics" could throw at me. I gave up less than 30 pages in. I tried again a few year later, liked it, but wasn't super impressed. Then I had to read it for school and fell in love!
04. Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas. Historical Romance. This was the book that made me fall in love with historical romance. I just love the whole relationship between the hero and heroine. And Merripen is one of my favorite heroes ever!
05. Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James. Contemporary Romance. This is the only book on this entire list I've only read once. It is held so high in my head that I'm desperately afraid that if I read it again, it won't quite live up to the pedestal I've placed it on. Which is ridiculous because Julie James is absolutely amazing, and I adore her books. But this book was amazing! The dialogue was snappy, witty, hot, and hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment