Home About Policies Reviews Features

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Second Chance Saturday (04): Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks

Second Chance Saturday
The goal of Second Chance Saturday is to give a second chance to a book/author/series we've written off for some reason.


This Month's Featured Book: Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks

This Book Was a Second Chance Because... I've read a couple Maya Banks books before, and I was not particularly impressed. Also, the summary made this book sound ridiculous, and I wrote it off immediately. Racquel talked me into giving it a chance.

Verdict: Worth the second chance! Never Seduce a Scot featured likable a hero and heroine and a really sweet romance! Despite a few unrealistic elements, it actually dealt with the heroine's deafness a lot more realistically than some I've read before. It also had one of the best love confession scenes I've read in a long time. Overall, it was very enjoyable, and I definitely plan to look out for the next books in the series. I really hope Banks writes Graeme's sister's book, because I liked her a lot.

Other Books Mentioned: Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale

No comments:

Post a Comment