Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Beach Reads {31}

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Beach Reads
Beach read: an addictive book that will hook you and you won't stop reading until you finish. Doesn't necessarily have to be a fun, easy read though.

Racquel's Picks
01. Ditched: A Love Story by
02. by is also awesome ;D
The Lifeguard by
04. & by & in one day.   
05. Friday Harbor series by : this also has magical realism which I love. And Lisa Kleypas is my favorite so of course these books are my faves!


Sharon's Picks
01. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. A fun, touching book with a the cutest boy next door ever, a feel-good romance, emphasis on family, as well as unexpected depth and drama.

02. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. My favorite YA book ever! I work it into just about every TTT I can, but this one is just perfect! It has a relatable heroine, a summery setting, and one of the best cast of characters ever. Not to mention Wes. Sa-woon.

03. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. A super cute book that is perfect for toting to the beach! Plus, the cover just makes the book look like it needs to be read outside, under the sun.

04. Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker. Even though I had some issues with this book, it had a lot of good qualities. The boy being one. The second being the totally unique and utterly summery atmosphere of The Boating World.

05. Somebody to Love by Kristan Higgins. I'm a complete sucker for a New England summer book, and this is a great example. One of my favorite hate-to-love stories, sure to induce all kinds of swoons.

BONUS: The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Han. Pretty much the ultimate in beach read options, except for one problem: the addictive factor. Personally, I'd probably be so sucked in, I'd forget where I was and wind up turning into a lobster's slightly larger and more befreckled cousin. So I'd advise steering clear of this one unless you've got some heavy duty sunblock handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment