This Week's Topic:
Beach read: an addictive book that will hook you and you won't stop reading until you finish. Doesn't necessarily have to be a fun, easy read though.
Top Ten Beach Reads
01. Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom: this is such a fun, crazy book and I read it in like 3 hours.
02. Lovestruck Summer by Melissa C. Walker: hey everyone adding Unbreak My Heart to today's TTT, Lovestruck Summer is also awesome ;D
03. The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal: Magical realism! This book just has an airy feel to it. I love it!
04. First Comes Love & Second Chance by Katie Kacvinsky: I LOVE this series and I cannot wait for the third and final book. You should be able to finish both First Comes Love & Second Chance in one day.
05. Friday Harbor series by Lisa Kleypas: this also has magical realism which I love. And Lisa Kleypas is my favorite so of course these books are my faves!
02. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. My favorite YA book ever! I work it into just about every TTT I can, but this one is just perfect! It has a relatable heroine, a summery setting, and one of the best cast of characters ever. Not to mention Wes. Sa-woon.
03. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. A super cute book that is perfect for toting to the beach! Plus, the cover just makes the book look like it needs to be read outside, under the sun.
04. Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker. Even though I had some issues with this book, it had a lot of good qualities. The boy being one. The second being the totally unique and utterly summery atmosphere of The Boating World.
05. Somebody to Love by Kristan Higgins. I'm a complete sucker for a New England summer book, and this is a great example. One of my favorite hate-to-love stories, sure to induce all kinds of swoons.
BONUS: The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Han. Pretty much the ultimate in beach read options, except for one problem: the addictive factor. Personally, I'd probably be so sucked in, I'd forget where I was and wind up turning into a lobster's slightly larger and more befreckled cousin. So I'd advise steering clear of this one unless you've got some heavy duty sunblock handy!