Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, August 12, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: Sign-Up

Get excited, you guys...IT'S BOUT OF BOOKS TIME AGAIN! One week from today begins the event I look forward to for months at a time! Then it happens, I'm excited, I'm sad it's over, and I begin looking forward to the next one. And unlike Bout of Books 7.0, I will have internet this time around! So I won't be attempting to update from my phone in my brand new, internet-less apartment. So I, for one, am extra pumped for Bout of Books 8.0.

What is Bout of Books, you ask?

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Basically, it's a week of furious reading, sleep deprivation (if you so choose), Twitter chats, challenges, prizes, and fun! It's a great way to discover new blogs, catch up on your TBR pile, and simply spend a more-crazy-than-usual amount of time reading and talking about reading with your fellow bibliophiles. Bonus: When declining an invitation to go out with your non-bookish friends, saying that you are taking part in a "readathon" adds and air of professionalism and dedication to your refusal that cannot be contested. Of course, it may also lead to puzzled looks and remarks questioning your sanity. It all depends on the audience. - Description by Sharon

You're obviously off to sign up now, so I'll stop here.

Hope you're as excited as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment