Home About Policies Reviews Features

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Be Good To Me: September 2013

Introduction:
September is heeeeere! This means fall is near! Pretty leaves, cooler weather (HALLELUJAH!), cider, and all the other awesome things that make fall my favorite season. I'm also up for a job that I would really, really love, so I'm crossing my fingers on that front.

Racquel read: 
Everything I read this month has been amazing (except for Tempted by His Kiss) so I'm just including why these are my favorites in this section too:
1) The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen (A-) - This book is SO amazing. Dessen does something different and she does it SO well. Some people won't like this book because some people want fantasy-like contemporary but if you don't shy away from realistic contemporary, you'll appreciate what Dessen does in this book.
2) The Leopard Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt (A) Two words: HARRY PYE.
3) Tempted by His Kiss by Tracy Anne Warren  (DNF) - abandoned because I was bored.
4) Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas (B) I READ A NEW LISA KLEYPAS BOOK! This doesn't happen often because I have less than 20 LK books left to read so I'm savoring them.
5) Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (A) - this is the best ending to a series EVER.
6) A Kiss For Midwinter by Courtney Milan (B) - another amazing novella from Courtney Milan. This series so far has been so good.
7) Beguiling the Beauty by Sherry Thomas (A) - oh Sherry Thomas. Your books kill me<3
8) Like No Other Lover by Julie Anne Long (B) - I actually picked up this book like 3 times before putting it aside for other books but I've finally committed to reading it and 1) Julie Anne Long writing is THE best 2) Love me some Miles Redmond
9) Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams  (B) - heartbreaking yet so good. Awesome verse novel.
10) Since the Surrender by Julie Anne Long (B) - another confirmation that JAL's writing is fabulous and yet another hero I fell head over heels in love with... Captian Chase Eversea.

Other things Racquel did:
1) Got my car! FINALLY. I've been using my mom's/brother's/sister's car for over a year and half but I've finally got my OWN car.

2) Started COLLEGE! This is why I had to get my car. I'm commuting and I obviously need a vehicle to get from my house to campus. So far, college has been pretty good. I love not being in school all day long and sleeping in is just magical.

College has no dress code so I'm embracing the fashionstia in me (for the time being) AND I have no Friday classes. Talk about heaven.
Sharon read:
01. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales (♥!)
02. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (♥!)
03. Dare You To by Katie McGarry
04. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller (♥!)
05. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (♥!)
06. A Legacy of Secrets by Carol Marinelli
07. Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
08. Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams (♥!)
09. On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
10. The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros
11. I Married the Duke by Katharine Ashe (♥!)

August Favorites:
Everything with a heart in the list above was a favorite of the month! As you can see, I read quite a few fantastic books this month. From the adorable, fun nerdery of The Summer I Became a Nerd to the heartrending, cried-for-half-the-book power of Waiting, August was a good month for reading.

Other Things Sharon Did
1) As an amusing bookend to to Racquel's starting college, I actually graduated college! I walked in the graduation ceremony back in May, but I had to complete my internship for it to be official. And now I have!
2) I participated in Bout of Books, which is always one of my favorite things. I had so much fun!
3) At the end of August, I started exercising using the Beginner's Workout Calendar over at Blogilates! I'm actually enjoying (in a slightly masochistic way, I guess, LOL) getting up early every morning and working out. I always thought I wouldn't like doing that, but the routine is working really well for me so far! I really like the combination of Pilates and cardio. Now, I just need to continue it...

September Releases We Want:

No comments:

Post a Comment