Home About Policies Reviews Features

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Be Good To Me: October 2013


R: I didn't read a whole lot during September because I didn't have any motivation to sit down and actually read which sucks because when I actually sit down and read, I couldn't be happier so I really need to learn how to FORCE myself to just pick up my Kindle, sit down and just READ.
S: Huh. Apparently September was a month for re-reading! I knew my random Julia Quinn binge entailed some, but I didn't realize I had done quite a bit more. It was fabulous, though!

Racquel read: 
  1. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (B)
  2. Unsticky by Sarra Manning (B)
  3. Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller (C+)
  4. Highland Surrender by Tracy Brogan (C)
  5. Hold On My Heart by Tracy Brogan (B)
Racquel's September favorites: 
Unsticky by Sarra Manning - This was one hell of a romance! It wasn't even that romantic and the characters were definitely unlikeable BUT I love unlikeable characters so it worked! This book is like the antithesis of your usual romance and it was great.

Other things Racquel did:
Take two tests. Turn in like five papers. Ya know, the college life that I'm already tired of. Can a person just read and ogle hot men all day?

Sharon read:
01. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (re-read)
02. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty (re-read)
03. Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty (re-read)
04. Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty
05. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
06. The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
07. A Night Like This by Julia Quinn (re-read)
08. The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn
09. Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn (re-read)
10. Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn (re-read)

Sharon's September favorites:
Not including re-reads? Well, that narrows it down this month! Far and away my favorite of the month was Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas! It was everything I dreamed and more! I also loved The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn and The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas.

Other Things Sharon Did
#01 Fell back into the wonderful world of Castle! I was 2 seasons behind and caught up in a frighteningly short amount of time. I harbor such love of this show, y'all! You have no idea. It all started because of these awesome slow burn romance posts at Once Upon a Prologue, Shae Lit, and Writer of Wrongs (which were all SO AMAZING, as you all know of my adoration of slow burn). A couple of them mentioned Castle/Beckett as a favorite television example of slow burn. I had already been missing Castle lately, and those pushed me over the edge. Also, the combined efforts of Hannah and myself got Lauren hooked on it, as well! Spreading the Castle love! Feel free to ask more about it in the comments if you want to be my next victim client.

#02 Had my annual Day of Books and Fudge, during which I and three of my closest friends go to my town fair, visit the epic used book sale, buy the best fudge in the world, and have general merriment. I also got 33 books for a dollar at said awesome book sale.

October Releases We Want:
SOOO MANY! Like I actually want to read all of these and I think I actually WILL read them all!!
 See! I'm not kidding when I say I'm excited for these releases! I have been waiting for these two books for MONTHS. I did a happy dance around my room (and obviously, a photo-shoot) when they were finally in my hands. Ahhhh, bliss.
 
You tell us, dear readers, what other new releases should we be getting? Any October, November or December recs?

No comments:

Post a Comment