This Week's Topic:
Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
Jennifer Ashley thanks to her Highland Pleasures series which I've fallen in love with SO HARD.
Jennifer Ashley stories have blown me AWAY. Her roman novels are some of the BEST in the romance genre and every time I finish one of her books, I experience an EPIC book hangover
Numbers of books read by author: 5
|I LOVE THESE COVERS|
Numbers of books read by author: 8
03. Daria Snadowsky thanks to her Anatomy series. Those two books are two of my new all time favorite books ever. They're are SO realistic and not realistic is usually associated with tragic/life changing/all the emotions but these are realistic in an everyday way. Plus they're hilarious. They are truly two fantastic series and I look forward to more from Snadowsky.
Numbers of books read by author: 2
So those 3 authors are the only ones I've been introduced to this year and I've consistently loved the books I've read by them. I take "favorite/top author" very seriously so I need to read 3+ books by an author before I call them a FAVORITE (I made an exception for Daria because the Anatomy series is perfect). So these are authors I've read only one book by them but they are on the look out list books I super loved their book (which I also list):
Mary Ann Rivers—The Story Guy
Elana K. Arnold—Burning
Andra Brynn—Where I End and You Begin
Kari Luna—The Theory of Everything
Corey Ann Haydu—OCD Love Story
Cecil Castellucci—Tin Star
Stacey Jay—Of Beast and Beauty
Caela Carter—Me, Him, Them, & It
Cecilia Grant—A Lady Awakened
02. Karen Marie Moning. JERICHO. FREAKING. BARRONS. And really, the whole Fever series. KMM is the queen of cliffhangers and making me swoon and feel everything ever.
03. J.R. Ward. For being able to dream up such a sexy, intriguing, and fantastic brotherhood. Because, really.
04. Rainbow Rowell. While Eleanor & Park was good but failed to convince me of her genius, Fangirl was more than enough. I will be reading Attachments soon, for sure!
05. Leigh Bardugo. She created one of my favorite new series and worlds! I'm also a fan of her writing.