Home About Policies Reviews Features

Friday, May 16, 2014

Lunch Food Fest with Corey Ann Haydu

Books + Food = gloriousness! Am right?! Corey Ann Haydu, whose sophomore novel Life by Committee released this week on 13th, realized that food played an important role in all her books so I jumped on this opportunity to team up with Haydu and show you those food! 

I'm showing the lunch foods while the Food Fest continues over at Elena's blog, Novel Sounds with breakfast and you can see dinner over at Julie's blog, My 5 Monkeys. Now Corey has the floor-- errr, blog.



Kraft Macaroni and Cheese: (from OCD LOVE STORY) The orange kind, made right from the box.


pix credit
Brownies: (from LIFE BY COMMITTEE) made fresh in small town Vermont, sold at local schools to raise money for dances.

pix credit
Lobster Roll with Bacon: (from MAKING PRETTY) A trendy Brooklyn new-classic. Served with contempt and anxiety. (Racquel here: unfortunately I couldn't find a picture with contempt and anxiety next to a lobster roll. There is always a next time haha.)


Side Order of Celery: (from LIFE BY COMMITTEE) For those watching their weight.

pix credit
Prosciutto and Mozzarella Panini: (from MAKING PRETTY). Shipped in from an NYC café. Best eaten with your father. Classic Grilled Cheese also available for the same purpose.

pix credit
Bagels and Cream Cheese, Assorted flavors (from RULES FOR STEALING STARS). Best eaten outside. Recommended: blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese.

pix credit
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: (from RULES FOR STEALING STARS): made in New Hampshire, served by a cute boy. Tons of sprinkles.

So that's it for lunch and Corey's books! I'm about to shock y'all but 1) I'm not a mac and cheese fan, 2) I've never had a lobster roll (I don't eat bacon), 3) I've never had a (no prosciutto for me) Mozzarella Panini, 4) I'VE NEVER ATE A BAGEL, and 5) I've never had raspberry chocolate chip ice cream. How does one live for 18 years but never eat a bagel? Not exactly sure. They weren't popular in Saudi Arabia where I was born and lived the first half of my life and when I moved to the U.S., I sticked to food I know. I still do that today. A BAD habit and it takes me forever to try new food, even if it's something super simple (such as a bagel!!!). I should probably try a bagel soon and a Mozzarella Panini as soon as I find one because hello YUMMY.

OCD Love Story is Haydu's debut novel about a girl with OCD. It's a very uncomfortable book and one of the best novels I've read! Life by Committee just came out and it's also a messy book that deals with more uncomfortableness. Good uncomfortableness. Next, Haydu's MG debut Rules for Stealing Stars will release in the Fall of 2015 and her third YA book, Making Pretty is scheduled for Spring 2015. Are you excited? I'm exciiiited. 

Find Corey at her website | Twitter.  Thanks for reading and thanks to Corey! OCD Love Story is one of my all time favorite books, it made me cry so many uncomfortable tears and I shall be reading Life by Committee ASAP so I'm VERY happy to have had Corey here.

No comments:

Post a Comment