Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Top Ten Books For Fans of Nice Guys!

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books For Nice Hero Lovers
Racquel's picks: nice guys are nice. Maybe because I have an extremely strong personality and I'm the female version of an alpha-hope I have a deeper appreciation for nice guys because they're the only ones who can put up with me but alas. Nice guys finish first for me! (omg who am I?! I'm pretty sure I did a post a few years ago on my bad boy love!!)

01. Sarah Dessen guys! Sarah Dessen writes complex guys but they never fail to steal your heart. I think my love for nice guys originated from my love for Owen Armstrong from Just Listen. He becomes friends wit Annabel firsts and helps her through so much then they become more. Even Wes Baker, with his juvie past, is ultimately a nice guy. 

02. Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway: shy, red-headed, ice-coworker James provides friendship and faith in boys to Audrey when becomes popular when her ex writes an international hit song about her.  YES PLEASE.

03. There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones: Beckett Rush is an international superstar so you would think he would be super full of himself and completely arrogant but Jenny B. Jones didn't go in that route with him. Hallelujah! 

04.  Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelly Coriell: an extremely underrated gem that made me laugh, cry, swoon, and laugh and cry again. It has a little bit of everything, family, friends, romance, drama and Chloe just steals the show. It's refreshing to read about an extroverted heroine!

05. Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare: I hated Will in book 1 but I understood him in book 2 and finally fell in love with him then BUT I'm a Jem girl. Jem. Jem. Jem.

Sharon's Picks
Nice guy heroes are my weakness. I swoon over the bad boys, it's true, but the good guys are the ones who always truly capture my heart. There's a little something for everyone on this list. I included YA and adult, contemporary and historical. Swoon away! (Also, random side note: I am completely coincidentally typing up this list while listening to "Cell Block Tango" from Chicago, and I find this incredibly amusing.)
01. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. Jase Garrett! If I'd had a boyfriend in high school, I would have wanted it to be someone like Jase. He's just so freaking sweet! And he's great with kids, due to having many younger siblings.

02. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I'll be honest, it's been a while since I read this one, so I can't recall specifics. But I remember being impressed with how much I loved Cricket.

03. Vision in White by Nora Roberts. Carter Maguire! ♥ I've read this book multiple times, and while I enjoy the heroine and the whole story, it's really because of Carter. I adore him. He's so awkward and adorable and earnest.

04. What Happens in London by Julia Quinn. Sir Harry Valentine! Unlike JQ's more recent Sir Richard Sir Harry is so nice and quirky and wonderful. He's a refreshing change from many of the typical historical heroes.

05. A Notorious Countess Confesses by Julie Anne Long. Adam Sylvaine is a vicar. Yep. And I swooned over him so hard, you have no idea. He has such a genuineness about him, even though he has struggles. And he's just perfect. Just thinking about him makes me want to re-read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment