Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Top Ten Books On My Historical Romance 101 Syllabus

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books On My Historical Romance 101 Syllabus
I only started reading historical romance 3 years but its now my favorite genre to read and its almost becoming the only thing I read. I never tire of it and I've made my way through the classics musts and newer releases so I do consider myself an expert! Let us begin:

01.  Lisa Kleypas
We will begin the semester by reading The Empress of Historical Romance, to get a feel of the amazingness to come. There are plenty of amazing series to choose from, Wallflowers, Hathaways, Gamblers, Bow Street Runners, so much rich material!

Next we need to establish something early on: heroines. Heroines with agency who do things and who are so amazing they outshine the hero. Also, looking for a historical romance set outside a London ballroom? Loretta Chase is the perfect example.

03. Julie Anne Long
Want a long complex series with two rival families to lose yourself in and want to get invested in EVERY SINGLE COUPLE? The Pennyroyal Green series is your best friend.

04. Sherry Thomas
Lets get back to studying heroines shall we? Sherry Thomas also pushes boundaries with her heroines and the amazing research that goes into her books. 

05. Jennifer Ashley
Switching it up by going for Scottish Hunks, Jennifer Ashley's MacKenzies and McBrides series brings the hot, sexy and the highlands!

06. The Leopard Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
Moving away from aristocrats and titled hero, how about a lady of a ton who falls for her steward? Yes please. 
07. Nearly a Lady by Alissa Johnson
Are you looking for a  tomboy heroine in an era where such a thing was taboo? This is your book.

08. A Lady Awakened by Cecilia Grant
Are you looking for bad sex? Or a book that shows romance needs more than automatic and guaranteed excellent sex to bring a couple together? This is your book.

09. Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros
Read it and find out why *wink*.

10. Confessions from an Arranged Marriage by Miranda Neville
Hate-to-love is an excellent trope and this is how it's done right! 
Did I nail it or forget someone? Leave me your list below!

No comments:

Post a Comment