Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

(Bout of Books 14) Sharon's Goals & Updates



My Goals for Bout of Books 14

   • Read 6 books
   • Discover some awesome new blogs and friends
   • Participate in both Twitter chats
   • Participate in four or more challenges

Books To Read
Any books! All books! Anything that's not fanfiction, which is what has been stealing all of my time and feels as of late. My 2015 book count is looking really, really sad and needs some boosting! I would also like to actually read a few books I own.

Updates

Monday
Books Read Today:
  Completed:
The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs (208 pages)
Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe (128 pages)
Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe (128 pages)
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (232 pages)
Ruthless by Carolyn Lee Adams (256 pages)
  In-Progress:
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (40 pages)
Challenge: Fictional World Travel @ Between Library Shelves

A photo posted by Sharon (@starsaloft) on


Total Books Read: 5.1
Total Pages Read: 992

Tuesday
Books Read Today:
  Completed: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (354 pages)
  In-Progress: The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick (213 pages)
Challenge: Bookish Scavenger Hunt @ The Book Monsters

A photo posted by Sharon (@starsaloft) on


Total Books Read: 6.5
Total Pages Read: 1559

Wednesday
Books Read Today:
  Completed: The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick (219 pages)
  In-Progress:
Challenge: MASH @ Rocky Top Real Talk

A photo posted by Sharon (@starsaloft) on


I met my husband Wes Baker while we were both at SDCC (hey, at least I get to go in my dreams!). We got married while I wore a lime green wedding dress. We now live in a house in Lucky Harbor with our 4 kids and our pet thestral. We drive a DeLorean, and I work as a caterer.
(SO MANY FLASHBACKS. I have such an undying love of this game, not even gonna lie.)
Total Books Read: 7
Total Pages Read: 1778

Thursday
Books Read Today:
  Completed:
  In-Progress: You Wish by Mandy Hubbard (200 pages)
Challenge: Alas, I did no challenges today. *sigh*
Total Books Read: ~7.66
Total Pages Read: 1978

Friday
Books Read Today:
  Completed:
You Wish by Mandy Hubbard (104 pages)
All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue by Sophie Jordan (384 pages)
Lumberjanes, Vol. 1 by Noelle Stevenson & Grace Ellis (128 pages)
  In-Progress: Wildthorn by Jane Eagland (14 pages)
Challenge:
Total Books Read: 10.1
Total Pages Read: 2608

Saturday
Books Read Today:
  Completed: Wildthorn by Jane Eagland (345 pages)
  In-Progress: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (66 pages)
Challenge: Road Trip Challenge @ In Wonderland

A photo posted by Sharon (@starsaloft) on


My Road Trip:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë (England)
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (California)
Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda (France)
Forever And a Day by Jill Shalvis (Washington. Though if Lucky Harbor itself decided to pop up on a map, I would be there in a heartbeat.)

Featuring Special Appearances By:
Oh, the Places You'll Go! (It seemed appropriate.)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling + Narnia boookmark (Because, duh.)
Total Books Read: 11.1
Total Pages Read: 3019

Sunday
Books Read Today:
  Completed: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (257 pages)
  In-Progress:
Challenge: None today.
Total Books Read: 12
Total Pages Read: 3276

Final Wrap-Up

I am so, so happy with this round of Bout of Books! Despite my horrible failing and forgetting about the second chat on Saturday (which I'm still bummed about), this was one of my best readathons in a while! I actually made a huge dent in my 2015 reading goal. I read books I owned. I read my first full graphic novel - 3 of them, in fact. It was great! And there was MASH. You can never go wrong with MASH!

Also there was the fact that I DOUBLED my reading goal. Yeah. Pretty proud of that. :D

Thank you to all the super awesome people who made this such a good time! I can't wait until next round!


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23 in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

No comments:

Post a Comment