Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, September 5, 2011

Elixir by Hilary Duff

Title: Elixir
Author: Hilary Duff
Pages: 327
Published: October 12, 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Goodreads Summary: Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. The daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington DC politician, she has grown to be a talented photojournalist who takes refuge in a career that allows her to travel to the most exotic parts of the world. But after Clea’s father disappears while on a humanitarian mission, Clea’s photos begin to feature eerie, shadowy images of a strange and beautiful man—a man she has never seen before.

When fate brings Clea and this man together, she is stunned by the immediate and powerful connection she feels with him. As they grow closer, they are drawn deep into the mystery behind her father’s disappearance, and they discover the centuries old truth behind their intense bond. Torn by a dangerous love triangle and haunted by a powerful secret that holds their fates, together they race against time to unravel their pasts in order to save their lives—and their futures.


Review:
Wow... I was amazed by this book. When I first found out that Hilary Duff was writing a book, I laughed out loud. Just another famous star that wants to do everything. But, you know, reading it and giving it a try wouldn't hurt.
AND MAN OH MAN AM I GLAD I DID! Elixir strangely reminded me of Passion by Lauren Kate, except not... the only similar concept that reminded me of it was that Sage, has eternal life, and in each of every lifetime of Clea's soul, she is with Sage. So in other words, Clea and Sage are soulmates, and they find each other in every era.
Hilary Duff writes VERY beautifully, and in time, I forget that it is her writing the book. But just the concept of it all was very enjoyable and it captivated me from the start! I loved all of the character's personalities, even though they were all very different.
The ending was a total cliffhanger. When Sage is about to kill himself, one of the groups who want the Elixir of Life come and capture him, leaving Clea and Ben on the beach. Even though they do not find Clea's missing father, they know something. The original 3 vials don't exist anymore.
All in all, I was underestimated Hilary Duff, and I definitely recommend this book! It took me by surprise, and I'm sure it will take all of the other readers out there by surprise, too. I can NOT wait for the next book, Devoted!




No comments:

Post a Comment