Home About Policies Reviews Features

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Pages: 427
Published: October 19th, 2010 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Goodreads Summary:
"Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar. 
Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something. 
Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts."

Review:
Crescendo was a lovely surprise. One moment I was shouting at the book, the next moment I wanted to hide under the covers and call my mommy. So many emotions in one book, I was more than satisfied of the outcome. Crescendo surely lives up to it's title, the growing intensity was immense and superb.

First, let's start with the plot. The beginning of the book jumped right back in to where Hush, Hush left off: Patch and Nora being a happy couple. In many ways, Crescendo was a much gloomier atmosphere because of Patch & Nora's breakup. I was devastated and not too happy about the idea at first, but in the end, I am so glad Becca Fitzpatrick did this because it made the plot 31478901 times better. Not-so-significant characters from Hush, Hush are now main characters in Crescendo, and I loved how they were brought into the story. Becca Fitzpatrick forced me to have my heart beating so loudly I swear it can be heard a mile away! The events where so mind-blogging, it surely reminded me of the mysteries similar to Pretty Little Liars. I have to say, the creep-factor in this book was MUCH stronger than in Hush, Hush. I can honestly say that it might not be the best idea to read this at night. I'd say the plot overall is very strong and very well-crafted.

The characters! Oh la la, Patch and Nora's relationship...it was so confusing as they tested each other for loyalty and trust, the relationship was honest and real, not fake. Scott Parnell, introduced in Crescendo was annoying at first (which Becca Fitzpatrick intended him to be), but towards the end, I learned to love him, after certain sacrifices he makes. MARCIE MILLAR. Oh my, the mean girl. I actually loved this character, she is so snotty and rude, it makes her lovable, in a way. My opinion on Vee, Nora's bestfriend, hasn't changed one bit. She is still the bubbly, optimistic person that she was in Hush, Hush. A truly loyal friend. Although some characters most definitely aren't the best, the plot would have died without their personalities.

The writing was outrageously amazing. In every page, Becca took my breath away and left my craving for more. There is just something about the way she writes that draws me in. I don't know how she does it, but it's astonishing.

Like I said before, despite the darker atmosphere in this book, I clearly am in love with this book. After finishing it, I couldn't stop thinking about it, and I have kept thinking about book three, Silence. I can honestly say it was better than Hush, Hush. I know I can not wait any longer for Silence.




The Hush, Hush Series
 Book 4 is set to be released in October of 2012!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment