Home About Policies Reviews Features

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Faves of 2011: The Covers

 Day Five: The Covers

Racquel's picks: 

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: I bought this book for the cover! It's so shiny & pretty I think it's a big eye catcher.
Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez: again, another shiny one. I love the girl and her hair & the title with the pink O. P-REEEEE-TY!
Across the Universe by Beth Revis: I wasn't a fan of this cover until.... OH WOW THERE IS A GIRL & BOY WITH A UPSIDE DOWN KISS! once I noticed that, it was love<3

Wither by Lauren DeStafano: Wither is one of the prettiest covers EVER. The lines and shapes around the models head & bird cage are so fantastic and while I usually DISLIKE girl-in-dress-on-cover covers, Wither makes it works.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: this one is simple and nice. The best kind of cover! I think it relates to the book (or to the summary since I have yet to read the book xD) and I love all the different published versions, they're great.
Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel: This is another one that's soooo eye catchy! It's dystopian book BUT society has advanced but there etiquette has gone back to Victorian times. It's so original and the cover portrays that. LOVE!
Pure Red by Danielle Joesph: another cute and simple one. I like the guy's blonde curls.
Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynoswski: again, I bought this book for the cover. Something about it screams BUY ME! The ridiculously amazing title? the sweet moment on the cover? I'm a romance whore after all...
Roadside Assistance by Amy Clipston: I don't know what it is about this cover but I adore it. The car in the background, the girl in the ground and the title all tie up.

Emma's picks:
Silence - Becca Fitzpatrick
Looking at the cover just makes me want to swoon! I have to admit, I have a thing for angels. You'll often find me in class drawing (attempting) wings, haha.  
Crossed - Ally Condie
It's blue. It's also a girl breaking out of her delicate cage of glass. It's beautiful. 
The Pledge - Kimberley Derting
There's something very mysterious about the cover for this book. Is she hiding behind that black hood? Is she spying? 

Ballad - Maggie Stiefvater
I love covers with a simple black background with a contrasting colour. There's something so striking about the autumn leaf in flames.
Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire
They say don't judge a book by it's cover. But, honestly, does this not look amazing? Let me tell you, the book was not. With such a lovely cover, I expected a lot of this book, only to be severely disappointed.
Unearthly - Cynthia Hand
The dress just looks gorgeous! I know some people don't like the lower/upper case lettering, but I believe it looks nice, to say the least.

 Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
It's so dark and full of mystery, it's like the story is spilling out in pieces through the images. I wanted to devour it up as soon as I saw it.
Forever - Maggie Stiefvater
This is not the commonly seen cover, but I prefer it to the white background and red branches. Honestly, all three books have lovely colours, I just personally like the red rose against the black. 
Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi

I think it's pretty dramatic, which is perfect for the book. The slash through the words, the elaborate dress. To me it looks like glass shattering behind her, it might be water though... who knows? It looks amazing!

What are your favorite covers?

No comments:

Post a Comment