Home About Policies Reviews Features

Friday, December 2, 2011

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick


Title: Silence (Hush, Hush #3)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Pages: 438 (Hardcover)
Publication: October 4, 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Goodreads Summary:
"The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever."

Review:

I actually don't think I have any words for this book. My emotions after I finished reading the book: astonished, miserable, excited, lighthearted, cheery, and sleepy (I stayed up past midnight reading it, it was THAT amazing. AND, I went to sleep smiling from ear to ear). What are you saying, Jennifer? Some of these emotions oppose each other. But seriously, that's how I felt.  

Silence picks right back up (ish) after Patch and Nora get back together in Crescendo. But, the beginning of the book starts off with Nora waking up in a cemetery with no memory of the past five months. Including no memory of Patch. And for some reason, no one is telling Nora about him. They even hide the true facts from her. This absolutely ripped my heart in half when people took advantage of her, it was very frustrating to read through. Why would anyone hide the love of her life away from her? And the fact that Nora didn't even remember who Patch was... I wanted to go die in a hole. What a miserable time.

However, Patch and Nora meet again. He goes by Jev for the first half of the book, and it bothered me a little bit, because Path suited him much more. When Nora starts to remember who Patch is again, a dark black cloud disappeared over my head and my heart was filled to content once again. Watching Patch and Nora's relationship bloom (like in Hush, Hush) was just phenomenal to read about, I loved it so much. So tender.

Fitzpatrick surprises us readers with many new plot twists, and clever schemes. I was probably awed in every  chapter that I read through, it exceedingly terrifying. The creep-factor was definitely still on high, and I loved every second of it. Even though I read Hush, Hush  and Crescendo by Becca, and am very familiar with her writing now, I am yet, STILL astonished by her writing style. It sparks me every time and I just get pulled in willingly. I have no words on HOW she does it. I just don't.

THE ENDING. Ohmygoodness guys, the ending. I was thinking,"WHAT? WHAT? What just..happened..?" Becca Fitzpatrick did a fantastic job surprising me for sure, and I was literally slipping off my chair when I was reading it. I almost ripped out my hair reading it as well. Becca Fitzpatrick is very mean, leaving us with a cliffhanger. AGAIN. Ugh, I don't really have the patience to wait for a WHOLE YEAR until book 4. It's gonna kill me. 

All things considered, Silence was un-put-down-able, and I am DYING for book 4 in the series. Someone please go tell Becca to hurry up. I'll be looking forward to seeing my favorite couple again. :)

Patch&Nora Forever <3



No comments:

Post a Comment