Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, January 16, 2012

|Adult Review| Whisper Falls by Toni Blake

Title: Whisper Falls 
Author: Toni Blake 
Published: December 28th 2010 
Rating: ♥♥♥♥
Goodread summary:
Welcome to Destiny, Ohio—where coming home means finding your true heart and maybe even your true love.

Tessa Sheridan came crawling back home to Destiny after her big city interior design career crumbled. Now not only must she struggle to make ends meet, she has to contend with a biker next door and the roar of Harleys shattering the serenity of her cabin in the woods. Worse still, her sexy bad boy neighbor makes her feel breathless and weak—and shy, petite Tessa knows what a major mistake it would be to get involved with someone so…dangerous.

They say that former teen rebel Lucky Romo has a dark, secret past—that he’s trouble with a capital “T.” Still, Tessa feels all tingly when she sees how well he fills out a pair of tight jeans. And when Lucky invites her into his world, she knows the intense heat sparking between them could lead her somewhere wild and wonderful…and, yes, dangerous!
 
Racquel's thoughts:
I think before every romance/contemporary lover dies, they should read one of Toni Blake's books. I read the first three in the Destiny series and I LOVE them. One Reckless Summer (ORS) was great, Sugar Creek was good but I preferred ORS over it but Whisper Falls takes the crown.

Tessa was a great MC, she wasn't a plain jane or overly flashy- the perfect middle. It was great to be reading her story, she was strong, brave and I loved how she was trying new things in her life and improving it. Lucky oh Lucky stole my heart<3 One thing that disappointed me in ORS is that I didn't get enough of our hero, Mick Brody but in Whisper Falls, we have enough Lucky Romo to break out heart that he's not ours. I have to get this out of my chest, I love bad boys. Mr. Cop AKA Mike Romo from Sugar creek was great but I just looooooved Mick from ORS & Lucky for their tattoos, motorcycles, and not being afraid to be on the other side of the law. Again like Tessa, I liked how Lucky wasn't afraid to turn his life around, go after what he wants and he took consequences for his actions. He is pure swoon-worthiness. But I have to add this, I wished there would have been more drama between him and his parents (soap opera lover much?) I understand their quick forgiveness towards him and I guess his brother Mike made up for the arguing and drama but I wouldn't have minded a few tears.

Like with the other two books, I loved the quotes that follow the chapters, the characters and the story. Again, Toni Blake's Destiny series is a must read! I will definitely be picking up book 4, Holly Lane. Also, a note to Toni: I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE if book 6th was Duke's (Lucky's bestfriend) story (since book 5 is Amy's). Really I would die from happiness if we see waaaay more of Duke. He was one of my favorite characters in the book, I was waiting for more scenes with him and I have not had enough of him yet!

Rating: 4 hearts~ another sweet romance from Toni Blake!
First:
"Meow."
Favorite:
"No! Not if it's here, for God's sake! Jesus Christ, women, have you completely lost you mind?"
Teaser:
"Have a peanut butter egg and relax,"

No comments:

Post a Comment