Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, August 5, 2013

Be Good to Me: August 2013


R: Summer is almost over! *WAH* I'll be back in the U.S. by August 11th and then I start college two weeks later. I'm not that excited. I like having nothing to do besides read.

S: Summer is almost over! *CHEERS* Bring on the fall weather! It's going to be SO WEIRD not going back to college at the end of August, though.

Racquel read: 
  1. One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean (C+)
  2. A Gentleman Undone by Cecilia Grant (D)
  3. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp (C)
  4. The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers (A)
  5. Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols (D)
  6. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (A-)
  7. Untamed by Anna Cowan (????)
  8.  (reread) About That Night by Julie James (A)
  9. The Duchess War by Courtney Milan (C)
  10. An Unexpected Gentleman by Alissa Johnson (C)
  11. Secret for a Song by S.K. Falls (B)
  12. Pride & Passion by Charlotte Featherstone (B)
  13. Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume (B)
  14. (reread) Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer (A)
  15. Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster (B-) 
    Racquel's July's  favorites: 
    -The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers: This is only a novella but it has everything. I can't wait to see what Mary Ann rivers can do with a full length novel. It's going to be amazing, that's for sure.
    -Bloodlines by Richelle Mead: The start of this spin off series reminded why I love Richhele Mead, why I love vampires and why I love this world. I can't wait to read the next two books and also add them to my favorites list!

    Other things Racquel did:
    Went scuba diving! I was taking a scuba diving course and and I got my license. Going scuba diving is like experiencing life on a whole other level. I dived 55 feet in Obhur (aka the Red Sea) and I can't wait to do it again when I come back during winter break. If you have the chance to take a course or you're fascinated by anything aquatic like I am, I can't urge you enough, DO IT! 

    That's my younger brother behind me. Good thing I found a picture of me smiling because I was carrying an oxygen tank and added weights. Heavy stuffy!
    Sharon read:
    01. One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean
    02. Some Like It Spicy by Robbie Terman
    03. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
    04. Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols
    05. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
    06. How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
    07. The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise
    08. It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis

    Sharon's July favorites:
    One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean. I loved the interactions between Pippa and Cross! Entertaining and sexy all at once. If you're looking for a good historical audiobook, I would recommend this one!
    Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. Road trips and music and swoons, oh my! I have epic amounts of love for this book! (See what I did there? Yeah. I'm cool like that.)
    The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise. This book was all kinds of nerdy fun, and I felt like I was living in the book and interacting with the characters. So good!

    Other Things Sharon Did
    #01 Watched New Girl with my roommate! Shout out to Natalie at Books, Etc. for her encouragement to start the watching! Totally a good life decision. Jessica Day is basically my more awesome and adorable spirit animal.


    #02 Had a short-term addiction to World of Warcraft

    #03 Started a Doctor Who rewatch! We're watching 5 episodes a week, which should wind up with us finishing right before the Christmas special on November 23. How is it going, you ask?


    August Releases We Want



    No comments:

    Post a Comment