Home About Policies Reviews Features

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Mid-Year Favorites


So, we obviously missed the exact halfway point of the year, but it's not too late to post our mid-year favorite reads! Sharon and I decided to post an in depth list of our favorites of the year so far because we never miss a chance to recommend awesome books to y'all! Plus it will be interesting to compare our mid-year favorites post with our favorite books of the year post when the time comes at the end of the year. Will we read new favorite books in the 5 remaining months? Or will the list stay relatively the same? Only time and reading a whole bunch of books will tell! And now onto our favorites:
    1) by was not preachy. It was raw and I'm so so so glad I gave it a chance. You should too.
    2)
    3) How does Clare do it? I haven't read it yet but mark my words, Clockwork Princess will be in my favorites of the year list at the end of the year because now I'm a believer. (My review.)
    4)
    5)
    1) by
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    1) Crystal Cove (Friday Harbor, #4) by
    2)


    5) by
       




          by

          by



            1) (My review)
             by (My review)
            3) (My review)
            4) by
                1) by which is 100% NA. starts with Dom in highschool but then she graduates and attends college which is my definition of NA. So it's both. Even though I said a book can't be both. I'm eating my words now!)
                2) by is just as funny and realistic as . I love how transitioning into adulthood experiences and she did it so freaking well while also making managing to make it fun. Everyone needs to read this series.
                3) - Wow. Wow. Wow. So well written. Beautiful. Just read it. (My review.)

                  1) The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning - Where to start with this series? It has angst, fun, romance, intrigue, Fae unlike any I've seen written before, and Jericho Barrons. And it takes place in Ireland. Hello!  (Read why I'm so in love with these books in my spoiler-free series review!)
                  2) Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J. R. Ward - I have one word for you. No, I can go one better. I have one letter: Z. This book makes me want to swoon and keymash and all the crazy things. It is SO FANTASTIC. I haven't continued with the series yet, because I'm afraid books will pale in the light of this one. I do need to press through, though, I know.
                  So this is a pretty extensive list and I hope it changes by the end of the year because we want to read more favorites! Are any of these your favorite books?

                  No comments:

                  Post a Comment