Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 Wrap Up

Racquel's wrap up:
So my goals for my first Bout of Books was to read at least 4 books, participate in at least one challenge and one twitter chat and I'm happy to report back that I achieved all my goals! I participated in one and a half Twitter chats (I missed the first half of the last chat) and two challenges. My favorite challenge was the Book Spine Poetry hosted by Escape Through the Pages.
So the books I read were:
  1. The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler 
  2. The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski 
  3. Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones 
  4. The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt 
  5. Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins
All 5 of these books were terrific, terrific reads (except for The Edge of Never which I liked but I didn't LOVE like the other 4 books) and I'm definitely participating in the next Bout of Books! If you don't know, you can vote for when you want the next Bout of Books to take place. The week of May 13-19, the week of May 20-26 or the week of May 27-June 2. I'm happy that all those dates work for me especially since I graduate June 7th so you know I'll be dragging my feet all of May and counting down so a read-a-thon will be a good distraction! Thanks to everyone for making this such a fantastic event!

Sharon's Wrap-Up

My Goals for Bout of Books 6.0

   • Read 6 of the following books

   01. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (started, but not finished)
   02. Live Through This by Mindi Scott
   03. Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams
   04. Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker
   05. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
   06. Hooked by Liz Fichera

   07. A Notorious Countess Confesses by Julie Anne Long
   08. Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas

Verdict: Not quite 6 of the aforementioned books, BUT 5.1/6 is not bad AT ALL compared to what it has been in the past years. I read plenty of books, but usually only maybe 2 from the list.

Additional books I read:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas (re-read ♥)
Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas (re-read ♥)
Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas (re-read ♥)

   • Discover some awesome new blogs and friends
   • Participate in at least one of the Twitter chats
   • Participate in four or more challenges

Verdict: Success on all fronts!

Overall, it was a great week! I had a blast, although I would have preferred to do a few more challenges than I did. Head over to the Bout of Books blog to vote for your preferred week in May for the next Bout of Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment