Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Katie Kacvinsky Style

The Second Chance tour fun CONTINUES!! I have one except from First Comes Love to share with you and one from Second Chance. Tomorrow, I'll post my review for First Comes Love and Thursday, I'll post my review for Second Chance and if you missed it, yesterday I posted the Katie's top ten reasons to read Second Chance.  Yeah, I love this series.

First Comes Love
Book #1
Published May 8th 2012
by Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Genre: New adult/YA contemporary romance 
Add to Goodreads
Buy: Amazon | B&N
Like his name, Gray is dark and stormy. Dylan, a girl always searching for what’s next, seemingly unable to settle down, is the exact opposite: full of light and life. On the outside, they seem like an unlikely couple. But looks can be deceiving and besides, opposites attract.

What starts as friendship, turns into admiration, respect and caring, until finally these two lone souls find they are truly in love with each other.

But staying in love is not as easy as falling in love. If Dylan and Gray want their love to last, they’re going to have to work at it. And learn that sometimes love means having to say you’re sorry.
First Comes Love teaser: 
“So, that's the secret to happiness? Don't take life seriously?" I ask.
"No," she says. "Take life seriously. That you have to do. Don't take yourself seriously, that's the key. Let it all go. Don't care for a second what people think of you. In fact, go out of your way to keep them guessing.”

Second Chance
First Comes Love #2
Published September 7th 2012
Genre: New adult/YA contemporary romance
Can two drastically different, imperfect people be perfect for each other?
It’s been four months since Gray and Dylan have seen each other. Dylan’s been traveling in Europe, while Gray has college, baseball, and a life rooted in one place. Gray’s determined to forget Dylan, the girl he fell in love with in First Comes Love. Besides, how do you make a relationship work with an independent loner?

Just when he decides he’s over her, Dylan makes an unexpected entrance back into his life, hoping their steamy romance can start right where it left off. Gray realizes you can tell your mind to do one thing, but you can’t always convince your heart to follow. Dylan realizes she finally has to make a choice between freedom and her relationship with Gray.

Hilarious, intense, inspiring, and emotional, Second Chance shows that love is a journey, and there are never clear road signs or maps to guide you along. You can only navigate with your heart. 
Second Chance teaser:
“I’m done,” I say.
Dylan looks down at me. “Done?”
“With dating. It isn’t worth it. It shouldn’t be this painful.”
“You’re a little young to retire in the dating department.”
“I suck at it.” I rub my hand over my face. “It shouldn’t be this much work.”
Dylan shakes her head. “Not if it’s the right person.”
I can feel her eyes on me, but I refuse to meet her gaze. She sums up my entire dilemma in one sentence. 
If you're not convinced about reading these two books yet, it's all good. I'll convince you tomorrow with my review for First Comes Love and on Thursday with my review for Second Chance. So go check out the other tour stops HERE and yesterday's top ten reasons to read Second Chance while you wait for my glowing reviews :D

No comments:

Post a Comment