Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, December 24, 2012

Top 10 Books of 2012

 Last week's top ten Tuesday topic was "Top Ten Books I Read In 2012 " and  since I didn't want this list to be repetitive, this list consists of 7 books I did not mention in my TTT list but are still favorites and 3 books from the TTT books that MUST be mentioned again. So check out the TTT list if you want to see 7 more favorites ;D
These are the definite 100% favorites that will make it to every list.

1. Out of Reach by Carrie Arcos
This book just pow pow pow hit me. So powerful and just freaking good!
2. Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer
A romance that just *killed* me from how slow it is. It broke me and put me back in place of how I love you Will and Elly.
3. Confessions from an Arranged Marriage by Miranda Neville
This is my first historical romance so it now has a special place in my heart!
These 7 are the second half of my favorite books (the first 7 mentioned here)
4. What I Did For a Duke by Julie Anne Long
I'll quote Ruthie Knox, "When I finished it, I thought, “This is how you do a historical romance about a virginal younger girl and an intimidating titled man with a reputation for being unlovable. This.”" because YES. This book is what romance is. When I pick up a romance book, I'm looking for everything in What I Did For a Duke




5. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
Sarah Ockler became one of my favorite authors this year after I read Fixing Delilah and Bittersweet.  She just does contemporary so well. Sweet, meaningful, fun, realistic. Her books remind me of Sarah Dessen which is a big compliment.




6. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
I actually listened to this in audiobook and it was my first non-school required book and I LOVED it. The narrator made me love the book even more and I was just so happy with the book especially since I was disappointed with Along For a Ride which just KILLED me last year since I LOVE Sarah Dessen. (I actually put reading this book because I hard Jason-BLAH- is in it but *phew* it wasn't so bad.)




7. Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
Good zombies? Steampunk? There wasn't a single thing to hate about this book. Lia Habel created an amazing world and the romance is just awe-sommeeee. I hate myself for not reading the sequel yet!






8. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
I knew as soon as I found out about this book in August 2011that it will be GREAT and I was right. Something Like Normal is an awesome male POV novel that I flew through and I will reread it for many, many times.   





9. Relatively Honest by Molly Ringle
Molly Ringle is one of my new favorite authors that I discovered this year. Her contemporaries are some of the most realistic I have ever read and I can't wait to read more from her!





10. Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas
Oh Sherry Thomas what did you do to my heart with this book.  It's about an estranged married couple and I JUST LOVE THIS PLOT. If you read historical romances, this is another must must must read.






I'm glad I could change the list up from last weeks top ten favorite 2012 books because these last 7 books deserved to be mentioned as favorites too and I can't wait to see your lists and to show you my lists for the next three days!



No comments:

Post a Comment